Prologue

Making my last kill, I proceeded to scan the area before leaving.

These guys don't know when to give up, and it was frustrating.
Uggghhh, this was going to kill me, but I signed up for this, and there is no backing out - it has to be done.

It's been almost 6 weeks since I started my mission: traveling all over the world to bring down these wretched Collectors or whatever they call themselves.

Instead of remorse or glee, a sick feeling settled itself in the pit of my stomach whenever I finished my kill.

I was chosen for this because they believed I was capable of doing it.

Observing the vicinity one last time, no sign of those wretched creatures could be seen. Gathering my stuff to return to base, a shadowy figure swished by my peripheral.

Looking around, I squinted my eyes to see into every nook and crook for a sign, but I found none.

"Who's there?" I called out. This was one particular night, where I wasn't up for any games. I wanted to go home and get some rest.

"Show yourself before I make you."

Hearing no answer, I scanned the area top to bottom one last time, being alert as I got ready to grab my belongings and fly.

Before I was made aware of what was happening, my body was backed up against the nearby, roughly-done brick wall.

I guess someone had other plans.

Seething out in pain, I raised my head to look at the culprit. The face of my alleged attacker was obscured as the clouds were now blocking the moon, but I knew my attacker had a manly form, from how I was being held - his breathing being the only air I felt fanning my skin.

If only I was able to kick him at his heaven blessed, I could quickly grab my stuff and run into the thick camouflage of tall trees and make my grand escape. But first, I needed my hands to be free.

I tried moving them, but they were firmly pinned to the wall, and boy did that hurt - the grip, even firmer each time I tried to get loose.

Just great.

Here I was, pinned to the wall by an unknown figure, having no idea of what it wanted from me. It's not like I was planning to run away; that's not my job, but I would do it, like now!

Having special abilities has a price tag, tagging along. I smirked, but it soon turned into confusion as he began laughing.

Wait....what? You've got to be kidding me. Was he a special case, but my questionable thoughts were pushed to the back of my mind when he spoke, "I can't believe my suspicions are finally confirmed, by a human girl," and he continued laughing.

You're going to get your ass handed to you by this same girl if you let go, I thought.
I must say he has a crush-able laugh.

What a freak. The moonlight was slowly reavealing itself from behind the clouds, and his features came into view.

Wow! He was hella perfect, but he looks so familiar, like I've seen him somewhere before. But where? I know what I said about crushing on any random guy, but good heavens, he was good!

Girl, say what??? Are you legit crushing on the King of The Soul Sect right NOW??? my conscience screamed at me.

Ooohhh. Right, no crushing on the enemy, I thought back, giving my mind a cheeky grin.