Chapter Nine

Seeing him so close and smirking had my mind going like clockwork

Seeing him so close and smirking had my mind going like clockwork. I tried to figure out what I should say or do.

My hands became clammy as fear gripped me, and my breathing became uncontrollable.

He looked dangerous - the type that showed no mercy and would kill without giving their actions a thought.

It's not safe for me to be around him, and avoiding him proves to be a hard task because he was the one that made his presence known.

Men like him were unpredictable. Their sly smiles and charming looks were their greatest bait to lure in the perfect prey.

'We don't want to be his prey, though. Do something!'

What was I to possibly do. If I ran, he would pursue and capture me, and we both know the possibility of what might happen after.
I don't think it is a wise idea.

You have to do something before something gets done to us.

Looking from him to my plate of scrumptious lobster, it didn't look so appetizing anymore. Placing the fork besides the plate, I raised my head up to see a smug look on his face - his name remaining unknown.

A ten dollar meal down the drain. I hardly ate from it, and that pained me. Tears were threatening to spill, but showing any signs of weakness at this moment wouldn't help me much.

I wouldn't be allowed to leave.

He was sitting there like everything was alright. Like he wasn't back to give me nightmares for the rest of my life.

I'll give it to you, he was very handsome with his golden eyes being the first noticeable thing about him.

His face was shaped perfectly. A mole was present on the left side of his nose along with a nose ring.

Literally, I had to beg my emotions to not betray me at a time like this. You know I'm not into the bad boy, dangerous type, even though all bad boys may not be dangerous.

Still can't be careless and trust them.

Sorry but I can't stop them, I can only give you advice.

His slick black hair was gelled to the right, a few strands falling into his face and covering a part of his eye.

I had to think of something, and fast, but who was he, and what was his deal.
I'm positive that no one knew him because of the skeptical looks that came our way;  darting from him to me, then to him again.

Swallowing hard, I tried to give some of them my best smile while turning my head to avoid the others.

This was so embarrassing and not the time to be blushing. Thank goodness for caramel skin.