Chapter Four

I blinked a few times to ensure that my vision wasn't playing games with me.

But he was still standing there, hands in both pockets of his pants. I couldn't make out his face clearly, but his eyes were like pure gold with only a black ring for iris.

That's weird. It wasn't even close to dark, and his eyes shone bright, and I noticed all of that.

He looked intimidating, staring straight here, not blinking, smiling, or moving. Just staring. I looked back to see who he was staring at, but there was no one behind me or close for the matter of fact.

I was getting scared. I didn't want to get kidnapped and never see the light of day again.

Looking back, he was still standing there staring. What was his problem. It went on like this for a while until his lips curled up into a smile before he took one step back, disappearing into the shadows.

Okay, this was my cue to get out of here.
I didn't know who he was, what he wanted, or why he was here, but I'm not sticking around in case he decides to come back.

Finishing my burger, I walked out with my unfinished milkshake to my SUV. I just needed to get out of here.

I kept looking around for any signs, being on the alert just in case.

I was never this freaked out and restless in my life, and here I was doing said.

Getting in, I quickly sped out of there. I don't know if I could ever come here again, at least until this is figured out, now that I have someone watching me.

'I think I should attend Jeremy's party to get my mind off of this this before I lose it,' I thought.

Good idea. You need that and a couple of drinks too.

'I couldn't agree with you any better. Here goes nothing'

Getting home, I took a hot shower to calm me. It helped, but not much.
He was still consuming my mind. I didn't know what to do. Just thinking about him gave me chills, and I felt so submissive under his stare.

'Get a grip of yourself, Tasha, he couldn't have such an effect on you from afar, worst yet you don't know him,' I scolded myself.

I rubbed my arms to get rid of the goosebumps. This was some freaky typa craziness happening here.

I looked at my bedside clock and it was showing 6:30 pm. I can't sleep so early.

Taking my phone up, I dialed Mya's number, and when she picked up, we talked for the entire night.

It helped to ease my mind. I retired to bed sometime after one in the morning.

༒︎༒︎༒︎

I woke refreshed, but it was short-lived as thoughts from yesterday came rushing back.

Throughout the day, I did everything possible to be rid of him, but his face, and especially that smile, was stuck in my mind.

Deciding that enough was enough, I grabbed my phone, giving Jeremy a call to come and pick me up for his party.