surprises | fuegoleon vermillion x reader

Author's Note:

Surprise! I bet you didn't expect me to update so soon. Well, the previous one shot was hella sad, so I hope this one will cheer you up.

Enjoy!

Fuegoleon's Point of View:

I was walking to my office, already weary of what the day had to offer, when I overheard an interesting conversation.

"I saw Captain (Y/n) today."

"Yeah, right. She never leaves her hideout."

"No, really, I saw her! As a matter of fact, she was in this very building."

(Y/n)? What would she be doing here?

As curious as I am, I continue to my office, only to realize that I had a guest upon my arrival. She was seated in front of my desk, patient as can be. You see, the thing about (Y/n) was that she was highly unpredictable. She gets herself into trouble and carries on as if nothing happened. She can make you feel all warm and cozy inside, only to make you tremble under her gaze a moment later. She's antisocial but can lead a whole army with hardly any effort. Her physique is sophisticated and well-rounded but in her head, she's probably plucking at your hair to count them, ridding her of boredom. When she speaks, it's like music to my ears, but that music can easily turn into a deafening screech or unbearable silence. What makes her the way she is? No one knows. What she wants with me? I don't know.

"Captain (Y/n), what a surprise," I grinned, taking a seat. "What brings you here?"

"You don't know?" she mused.

As with any conversation we have, this is the part when I get nervous.

"Sorry, but I don't follow."

A small smile crosses her face as she eyes the calendar on my wall. I follow her gaze only to see a blank date. What's she getting at?

"You're free today," she beamed. "That means I can take you up on that drink you offered."

Oh, that! To put it simply, I've always had a strange infatuation with the (brunette, blonde, etc). Something about her makes me wish she'd always be by my side. When I got the chance, I asked her if she'd like to get a drink with me sometime. She said yes, but that was three months ago. I thought she'd forgotten.

"I'm surprised you remembered such a thing. Still, I'd love to," I smiled.

"Good," she nodded. "Follow me."

"Wait, wasn't I the one who asked you out? I'll lead the way," I insisted.

The stubborn beauty shakes her head and holds out her hand for me to take. "Come on before I change my mind."

Without a second thought, I held her hand and allowed her to take me wherever she so chooses. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the least bit curious.

You're full of surprises, (Y/n) (L/n).

~Time Skip~

"No offense, but this isn't at all what I expected," I joked.

Instead of a restaurant as I'd expected, she brought me to a lemonade stand in the middle of nowhere. The person running the cart was a girl who appeared to be ten years old. She recognized (Y/n) in an instant, rushing to give her a hug.

"Captain (Y/n)! You actually came!" She gushed.

"Of course I did! I even brought a friend," (Y/n) smiled, pointing to me.

The young girl waves at me and says, "Hi, I'm Mariposa. Are you her boyfriend?"

"Hey! You promised not to embarrass me!" The fiery captain exclaimed.

It wasn't often that you'd see her lose her cool. To be honest, I found it adorable.

"No, sorry, I'm not her boyfriend yet, Mariposa," I respond slyly.

"Okay, let's get our lemonade and go," (Y/n) grumbled. "Two cups please." She tells the girl.

We bid farewell to her, taking our lemonade to-go. When we made it back to the Crimson Lions hideout, (Y/n) yawned before glancing down at her watch.

"It's getting late," she sighed. "Guess I'll head home."

Before she can turn to leave, I quickly grab a hold of her wrist. The moment she spends around, I plant a kiss on her forehead, catching her off guard.

"Thank you, (Y/n)," I smiled.

"Huh?! For what?" she stammers.

"For the date."

With that, I let her go and watched as she forced a neutral expression. That's just the way she is.

"You're welcome, I guess," she shrugged. "Goodnight, Fuegoleon."

"Goodnight," I nodded. "Get home safely."

She gave me thumbs up before preparing her broom to take flight. She's hardly airborne before she lands and runs back to me."

"What are you-" I'm cut off by a soft kiss on my cheek. It felt surreal.

"Okay, bye for real this time," she laughed.

And just like that, she flew away, leaving me alone with my love for her.

The End.

Author's Note:

Short but sweet, am I right? No? Oh. Ok I'll see myself out...

Word Count: 839