Goodbye

A/n Sadness awaits!

It's been 2 days since I told Brandon the truth, and it's also the day that Brianna is moving to Florida. I told her yesterday. She begged and cried for me to let her stay. She didn't care about her friends, she wanted to stay with me. That just made me wanna cry more. But she couldn't stay, I have to go to school and I cannot afford much. Right now we are at the airport.

"Nikki, please. I don't wanna leave you." Her eyes got glassy and she hugged my legs.

"Brianna, I told you I can't let you stay. You know how much I love you, that's why I'm doing this. For your own good. I promise to visit." My eyes started to tear once I hugged her back.

"I love you." I whispered into her ear.

"I love you, too. Goodbye" She gripped me tightly before she let go. She looked into my eyes and realized how strong I was being and trying not to break down. She knew she had to be strong too.

"Goodbye. Call me when you get off the plane. Promise?"

"Promise." And with that, she got onto the plane. We waved to each other.

The plane ride is 5 hours long and it is 2 pm right now.

Once I get home, I break down into tears.

Why does life hate me?

And with that thought, I fell asleep on the couch.

6 hours later

I wake up and I realize I'm in my bed. Was it all a dream? I am wearing the same clothes; so that's a no. I look at the clock and it's 8 pm.

Oh crap! I missed Brianna's call!

I groan into my pillow. Suddenly, I hear somethong down stairs. I creep out of bed and walk down stairs.

I see familiar brown shaggy hair and sigh. Brandon was in my house. He noticed me and looked up.

"Mornin' sleepy head. Don't worry, when Brianna called I told her you fell asleep. She got there safely and is at your Grandmother's place right now.

Drink this." He tossed a water bottle at me.

"You look dehydrated," he said. I sighed and drank the water. After that he told me to go back to bed and I complied without question.

I wonder what I will say to him tomorrow.