Going Home To An Empty House

I woke up and Chloe and Zoey were draped over me and Brandon holding my hand.

  Aww, he's holding my hand in his sleep. How sweet, I thought. I pushed Chloe and Zoey off me with my free hand. I gently (Sure, gently. Let's go with that.) Woke up Brandon whilst whispering in his ear.

"Nikki, stop it," he mumbled, turning around.

"Come on. You need to drive me home." (A/n Everyone is 16 but Nikki is 15 turning 16 in a week.) I whisper in his ear. He finally gets up and and grabs his stuff.

  "Let's go!" We get into the car and drive to my house. Once we got there I asked him if wanted to go inside and he agreed.

"I'm home!" I yell into the house. A girl comes up to me and sticks out her hand.

"Good, you're back! I didn't know how long I could handle her for. News flash! Find a new babysitter! I quit! Good thing I got paid up front!" The girl stormed out of my house. I looked at Brandon and he was so confused. It was actually kinda funny.

"I was gonna fire her anyway," I sigh, blowing the hair our of my face.

"Nikki! You're home! Yeah!" My 8 yrs old sister runs into the room and hugs me.

"Brianna, why do you look all tired?" She started to sway a little bit.

"I ate A LOT of candy." She threw up on the floor!

"OMG! Why did she let you have so much candy?!" Brandon was helping me get Brianna to the bathroom.

"She let me do whatever I wanted but got all crabby when I was on a sugar high." Once she got into the bathroom she started puking in the toilet.

I rubbed her back whilst Brandon got her a cup of water. Once she finished, she rinsed out her mouth with the water and I got her to bed.

"I'm sorry about that Brandon, there's gonna be no more babysitters." I mumble the last part to myself.

"Why do you need a babysitter? Where are your parents?" Brandon sat down next to me and rubbed my shoulder.

"I never told anyone this, not even Chloe and Zoey. In May, both my parents walked out on Brianna and I.So I and MANY  babysitters have raised Brianna for the last month. Please don't tell anyone!" I start to cry into my hands.

"Shh. Shh, it's okay. If you don't mind me asking, why won't you need a babysitter anymore?" Brandon started to rub my shoulder

"She is gonna go live in Florida with our Grandma. Grandma has been paying our bills since they left us.

Hopefully she'll like it there. I ways going to tell her today, but, well, you know, that happened. I'm scared about how she'll react. She is coming in 2 days."

Brandon now had me in his lap and I was in hysterics. My mini-break down made me breathless and I started to hyperventilate. Brandon ran to the kitchen to get some water and at that moment I realized, I'm having an anxiety attack.

Once it was over, I felt sleepy and fell asleep. Brandon whispered something in my ear before I fell asleep though.

"Don't worry, I'll be here when you wake up. I love you." With that I fell.into a deep slumber.