Chapter 24

Clove's POV:

I woke feeling something warm shining on my head. I opened my eyes and looked at the grassy surroundings. I soon remembered that I was still in the arena. I looked around and saw a sleeping Cato laying next to me, fast asleep.

I looked away quickly, making sure that no one caught me staring, and walked towards the others. I sat down and grabbed an apple. I sat next to Lover boy and started eating. "Did you have a good sleep?" He asked me out of the blue.

"It was okay." I replied blandly. He smiled at me when I glanced over at him. "You're awfully friendly." I stated.

"Well, I think that everyone should get a chance. Even if they are a career." He said while continuing to smile at me. In all honesty, I found it kind of strange that he was so friendly, but I didn't say anything. "You don't talk much do you?" He asked.

"I guess not." I shrugged. In the corner of my eye, I saw a small boy staring at us as I ate my apple.

I carefully planned my attack and reached for my knife as stealthily as possible. Before anyone knew what was happening, I was on my feet and bolting towards the boy. He stood, petrified, in the middle of the trees and I backed him into a tree while I held the knife to his throat. I didn't bother looking back, but I could hear heavy footsteps behind me.

"What's going on, Clover?" Cato said, but I quickly shot him a look when he used my nickname. "Clove."

"This one was caught lurking." I sneered as I pressed the knife towards the boy's pale neck. "Any last words?"

"I can help. I can build a trap, so that no one steals your supplies." He offered quickly. I rose an eyebrow, but I didn't loose my grip.

"That's an interesting offer." I said with a smirk. I could see the fear on his face, as if he thought that I would kill him anyways. "If you try anything I will kill you." I whispered before letting go.

He gasped as Cato glared at him. Cato grabbed my forearm as I passed him and he whispered, "Why'd you do that?"

"He's going to protect our supplies and he's from three which means that he's good with tech." I explained quietly before ripping my arm out of his grip and walking back to the others.

"Three! Hurry up!" I yelled as I turned around. He jogged towards me and let me just say, he wasn't the fastest runner. "Guys this is Three and he's building a trap to protect our supplies while we can't protect it." I explained boredly before taking a seat next to Marvel and Anastasia.

He stood around, looking confused. "What do you want me to do first?" He asked shyly.

"Plan." Cato said as he purposely knocked his shoulder while walking past. Three was knocked quite a bit due to Cato's push, but quickly regained his balance and started walking towards the supplies. He looked at the pile and almost immediately came back to us.

"The supplies need to be stacked in a large pyramid, this is too spread out." He explained cautiously.

"What are you planning?" I asked while eyeing him suspiciously.

"I'm going to reactivate the bombs from the cornucopia and put them around the supplies." He said in the same quiet voice.

"We're hunting today." Cato announced. "Three, you won't be much help, so you're staying behind and protecting the supplies."

Three gave a small nod before Cato walked over to him and whispered something that I couldn't hear. "Let's go." He said while taking the sword it of the sheath and walking towards the forest. We all followed and I shot one last warning look at Three.