Chapter 13

Clove's POV:

I stared blankly at the man that stood in front of me. Anger built up inside of me as he smiled down at me. "What do you want?" I ask bluntly.

"Can't a man visit his wife and daughter?"

"Your daughter isn't here, she disappeared the day you left." I said coldly. Mum walked into the room with two teacups, a teapot and a sugar bowl.

"Clove, you're home." Mum said with a smile.

"Can I talk to you privately?" I said as I sent a glare at my father. We both walked into the kitchen.

"Mum, why is he here?"

"He just arrived and said that he wanted to talk. I thought that I would just hear what he had to say before you got home." I sighed and we walked back into the living room.

"What do you want?" I ask once more.

"I just wanted to say sorry for what I did in the past. You don't need to forgive me immediately, but I was hoping that we could be on good terms." He said.

"We'll forgive you." My mum says kindly.

"Thank you for being so kind." He says with a small smile.

"I'll let you two have dinner. Bye." He said before leaving.

"Dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes." Mum said before heading back into the kitchen. I walked upstairs and threw my bag onto my bed. As I headed into the shower, I started thinking about Cato. I can't believe that I had my first kiss with Cato Hadley. The guy every girl dreams of. A small smile crept onto my face as I thought about his soft lips. I got out of the shower and dried my tangled hair before throwing on a large grey hoodie and black sweatpants.

I entered the dining room and sat down with my mum. "You look awfully happy." Mum said as we ate.

"I guess it was a good day." I stated, not wanting to elaborate.

"What made today such a good day?" I blushed slightly as I thought about the kiss.

"Nothing." I lied.

"Did something happen with Cato?" Mum asked with a small smirk.

"No." I said, my cheeks warmed up even more.

"Clove, I know you better than that. What happened?" She said as she crossed her arms.

"He kissed me." I mumbled.

"Did you just say that he kissed you?" I nodded slightly. She came over to me and engulfed me in a tight hug.

"Aww, my baby's first kiss."

"Mum." I whined.

"I'm sorry." She said as she let go of me.

She washed the dishes and I went upstairs. I immediately laid down on my bed and fell asleep.

———————————————

I woke the next morning feeling excited to see Cato. I quickly showered and got dressed before heading downstairs. Mum had already left for work, because of some emergency, so I quickly ate an apple and headed out of the house with my bag. I practically ran to school before I heard someone call out to me. It was Joan. When she caught up to me, she bent over and took a few deep breaths before speaking.

"Why are you in such a rush today?"

"No reason." I said quickly before I continued to walk to school.

"I've never seen you so excited to get to school. Are you meeting Cato?" She asked while wiggling her eyebrows. 

"No."