Chapter 22

Clove's POV:

Training was finally finished and we were finally going to do the private training session. I had gotten closer to Marvel and the girl from 4, Anastasia, but luckily Glimmer hadn't talked to me again. I knew exactly what I had to do for private training and it was definitely going to get me at least a 10. Cato and I hadn't really talked since our last encounter and I enjoyed the peace and quiet that I got when walking with him, but I kind of missed talking to him.

I pushed the thought out of my head and continued walking to training. We all sat down in a small room and waited for our turn. Glimmer was first followed by Marvel, me and then Cato. The room was extremely quiet and most of the tributes looked worried or anxious, but not the careers. We sat tall and proud and some could say that we sat with arrogance.

Glimmer was called and she smirked back at everyone before leaving the room. I sat impatiently, waiting for her turn to be over, and soon enough Marvel was called in. I was next and I was excited.

After 10 minutes, I was called to go in. Before I got up, I felt someone tug my arm and pull me back down.

"Good luck." Cato whispered in my ear.

"I don't need luck." I whispered back. He smirked at me and let go of my arm. I walked into the room and looked up at the gamemakers. After sending them a quick smirk, I headed over to the knives. First, I took the best knives off the stand and stood on the other side of the room.

I took a deep breath and starting to flip and do tricks before throwing all three knives when I landed an ariel cartwheel. I grabbed three more and walked to the climbing ropes. As I climbed, the ropes twisted and flipped so that I was dangling.

I kept my firm grip and continued climbing. I reached the top effortlessly and looked around the room from the highest point. I walked to the left side of the platform, which faced the dummies, and ran at full speed. I vaulted over the railing and started plummeting to the ground.

I threw my knives as I flipped through the air before landing on the ground expertly. I was honestly glad that it worked, since I'd never tried it before. Maybe it was a bad idea to decide to do that without practice, but at least it worked. The gamemakers clapped and smiled down at me before the head gamemaker walked forward.

"Thank you, Clove."  I smirked up at them and walked out of the room, knowing that was going to get me a good score. As I exited the room, I smiled and walked to the elevator. As I arrived at level 2, I dropped my smile and replaced it with an arrogant smirk.

"I'm guessing that you did well." Enobaria said as she walked up to me.

"I must've gotten at least an 11." I said, my voice filled with arrogance.

"Not likely. 11 is very rare, even for a career." I rolled my eyes at this and sat myself down on the coloured couch. I settled in and kicked my legs up before Tullula walked over to me and whacked my legs.

"It is very rude to put your feet on the furniture." She scolded. I rolled my eyes and took my feet off right before Cato came into the room.

"How'd you do?" Brutus asked as he walked to the living room. Brutus and Enobaria took the smaller individual seats while Cato and I were forced to sit next to each other.

"I bet I got a 12." I laughed at this since literally no one gets a 12.

"What's so funny, Clover?" I scowled at the nickname and sighed.

"I've seen your skills, you aren't that good. You'd get a 10 at most."

"And what do you think you're going to get?" He said as he rose an eyebrow.