Her Worried Family's New Idea

Lucy was surprised at Erza's touch so much that she gently pushed her away and wiped her tears. Crying was embarrassing for her.

She shook her head.

"It's ok. You don't need to apologize. Everyone is just worried about you."

"I know. I'm sorry. I'll try not to worry anyone."

Lucy smiled.

Seeing her cry...It was as though my heart had just been pierced...I don't want to see that again...

"I'll take the day off."

That seemed to light up Lucy's face.

"Really?!"

"Yes. Really. I'll spend some time with the guild."

Lucy felt relieved as they left the storage room.

Erza went to Mira's bar who was surprised to see her out of the storage.

"Erza...are you done with your research?"

Erza shook her head as she asked for a drink.

"I just took a day off. Didn't want to worry anyone."

"Implying you didn't already..." Mira mumbled.

A few others gathered around Erza and the conversation went to any clues people might have found. Erza pointed out how Porlyusica had hinted that dragons might be behind this, to which Natsu exclaimed his surprise and joy.

"Natsu, calm down. We aren't sure. This is all just speculation," Jet spoke.

"That still means we could meet a dragon!" Natsu's excitement was clear as day.

"Well...if they still exist..." Droy commented to which Natsu roared that they did.

"Did Porlyusica say anything about how the dragons might be related to this?" Gray enquired.

Erza shook her head.

"The ability to traverse dimensions."

Everyone looked at Makarov when he spoke.

"Dragons are said to have that ability."

"So what? A dragon took Lucy and Lucy and had them switch?" Natsu wondered scratching his head.

"That is a possibility..." Lucy said

"Don't be foolish. Why would a dragon purposely take both of you and have you switch places?" Erza spoke up.

"Well...maybe they're whimsical. Any of yours like that?" Elfman asked the three slayers.

"Not Igneel. He didn't do jokes."

"Grandine teased but she was very kind. She would never do something hurtful like this."

"Metalicanna was an ass. He was too indifferent to do something like this though."

Makarov titled his head down and crossed his arms.

"Hmmm...Those three are probably out of the question..."

"Oh oh! If dragons can go through dimensions, maybe dragon slayers can too!"

Natsu exclaimed.

"That's a far fetched theory... Though I guess not entirely impossible..." Erza contemplated.

The guild was silent for a while. They were stumped. Erza sighed and let out a smile. Instead of being cooped up in the storage, she could have asked her guildmates for help and shared ideas with them. Lucy saw Erza's smile and was relieved.