Her Tears, Her Apology, Her Confusion

It had only been a few hours since Lucy Ashley's arrival. However, that hadn't stopped Erza from exhausting herself in the guild's storage room, abundant in all sorts of books.

Lucy didn't care much about her situation at the moment as she was enjoying herself with the guild.

Same faces...different world, different personalities...and yet, they still manage to be extremely loud and fun!

It was around late night when people began to go home. After about two hours of saying goodbye, Lucy and Erza were the only ones left.

The blonde went over to the storage room to see what Erza was up to. However, what she saw broke her heart.

Erza had fallen asleep on the desk with tears in her eyes.

"Lucy..." she whispered in her sleep.

Edo-Lucy went up to her and put her hand on Erza's arm.

In a gentle, Heartfilia like voice, she whispered, "I'm right here, Erza," to which the sleeping redhead smiled.

Lucy moved away to try to find a cover for Erza, but stopped when the latter spoke.

"I'm sorry, Lucy."

Lucy turned around and looked at Erza who had woken up and gone back to researching, albeit groggily.

"Erza-san..."

Lucy was still somewhat weary because she wasn't used to seeing Erza as part of Fairy Tail, specially acting nice and without any intent to kill her.

"I think you should call it a night..."

"No."

"You've been researching for hours. You're going to kill yourself!"

"And it's still not enough! This amount of research is NOT enough! I haven't found anything!"

"Erza-san! Would you really want Lucy to come back to you an exhausted mess?! If not worse?!"

Erza slammed the desk, "What do you know about us?! About her?! About me?! Lucy is...Lucy is..."

Erza was unable to continue. What is Lucy to me? She thought. Makarov interrupted before her thoughts could go on.

"You two are still here? Erza...call it a night. I'll help you look into it more tomorrow."

"No one cares."

"Erza." Makarov looked very stern.

Erza got up. "All you people are doing is partying while Lucy might be in danger. What kind of nakama are you?!"

Slapped. Lucy Ashley slapped Erza before Makarov could scold her. The S-class mage held her cheek in shock.

"Your guild members...you think they aren't worried? You actually think they don't care about their friend? Partying is a way to forget their worries. It also shows that they trust in Lucy more than you do."

Erza was left in awe at this.

"I...don't trust her?"

"You don't have enough confidence that she can manage herself. If she landed in the kingdom, then she either has Fairy Tail to help her or the King."

"Mystogan..."

"Trust her. Believe in her just enough so that you can rest even a little bit."

Erza slowly nodded, "I guess I'll continue this tomorrow." She got up and decided to call it a night.

"Erza." She turned to look at Makarov. "Get your act together. We'll get her back. Fairy Tail always finds a way to see things through. "He stopped for a bit, looked in her eyes and continued, "I'm an old man. Don't have me needlessly worry about you, especially when you can take care of yourself quite well. Smile! This isn't something to be depressed about!" He smiled. Erza couldn't help but do so as well.

She became a bit more cheerful.

"Let's go, Edo-Lucy. You can sleep in my room tonight."

Lucy nodded and they walked out into the gentle night.

"Woah! What a big room!"

Lucy walked in but Erza stayed outside, in front of the door, struck with nostalgia.

"Lucy..." She whispered as she remembered the first time her friend had come over to her room.

"Oh! Oh! Look at all these armours! So cool!"

Erza sighed and walked in. She requipped, thinking she had her pajamas on, and landed face first on her bed in utter exhaustion.

Lucy looked at her and smiled.

"You'll catch a cold sleeping naked you know."

"Mmmm...don't...care..."

"Don't say I didn't warn you..." Lucy said as she undressed into her undergarments. She got in the bed and tried her best to cover her and the oddly positioned Erza.

The redhead who had fallen asleep just moments ago, snuggled next to Lucy who blushed severely. She eventually drifted off to sleep, even though it took some time.

Erza opened her eyes to a dark abyss.

She began walking and then started running, unsure of where to go. She was afraid. The darkness reminded her of the Tower of Paradise.

"Erza?" she quickly spun around to a small voice.

"Erza!" Lucy ran to her and hugged her very tightly.

"Lucy? Lucy...is it really you? My Lucy? Earthland Lucy?" Erza slowly asked.

Lucy nodded.

"...I missed you so much..." Erza said as she nuzzled the girl's neck.

"Haha, you're tickling me Erza...Erza...?"

Lucy pulled away a bit to what was Erza crying.

She put her hand on the requip mage's cheek and wiped her tears.

"Don't cry Erza..." She whispered.

Erza just nuzzled again and repeatedly apologized.

"Erza...why are y-"

"I hurt you... I was inconsiderate. Confused. Lost. My feelings...I don't know where they stand...for one, I love him. I've always loved him...but Lucy...", Erza held her tighter. "I...-" before she could finish her sentence, she woke up with a start to what was Gray and Natsu arguing in front of Fairy Hills.

Erza held her head and looked at the sleeping figure lying next to her as she thought of her dream.

"...What was I about to tell her?"