32

[Samantha, who were you with? I saw the photos of you in the hospital!]

Wow, would I wake up every morning to hear Arah talking about another issue? I sipped on my tea before placing my iPad on the breakfast table so I could sit down first. She was Facetiming me so early in the morning. I wanted to have some sleep pa naman since rest day ko today. Wala akong workout session. 

"I was with a... friend." I didn't know what to say. For sure, she was referring to the photos I saw yesterday on Twitter. 

[Really? Your friend's wiping your mouth and patting your head? You're that close to your friends, huh?]

I almost choked on my tea! "What?!" gulat na tanong ko. "How did you know?!" 

Kinuha ko kaagad ang iPad at nag-search ng articles about me. My eyes widened when I saw photos of me and Clyden, pero likod lang ang kita sa kanya. The camera was more focused on my face, of course. It was the time when he wiped my mouth and also noong binaba niya 'yong cap ko. I didn't see these yesterday! 

Oh my! I scrolled on Twitter again and saw people tweeting about how they witnessed what happened in the restaurant. 

'Nasa Ramirez Med si Samantha Vera, may kasama siyang poging guy. Noong una, akala ko doctor niya lang pero mukhang may something sa kanila, eh?' 

'True ba? May boyfriend na si Sam? Tapos doctor? Big time!' 

'Hindi ko lang sure pero pinunasan pa ng guy 'yong lips niya tapos 'yong guy din 'yong nagbayad nakita ko!' 

'Ano'ng hitsura? Gwapo?'

'Gwapo nga! Matangkad! Hindi ko gaanong nakita dahil nakayuko pero parang familiar siya. Ewan ko! Feeling ko may boyfriend na talaga si Sam.' 

Oh my gosh, they were talking about me. Napamasahe ako ng sentido ko habang pinapakinggan ang sermon ni Arah. She gave up on asking me who it was when I told her that he was just a friend and nothing more. 

"Can't I meet with my friends? Geez," I complained. Clyden and I were about to see each other again. Hindi ko pa alam kung saan dahil hindi pa niya 'ko tine-text. 

[Well, actually, the reason why I'm not going to deny this one is to make people even more confused and curious. The more they get curious, the more they will talk about you. It's not like dating is a taboo. Maganda 'to for your publicity. Keep it going, but be careful! Kapag nakita nila ang face, baka madamay 'yong mga tao sa paligid mo.] 

"Yeah, okay. Thanks," I said before ending the call. 

I had a quick breakfast before doing some simple exercises just to gain some energy for today and also to waste time while waiting for Clyden to text me. I assumed that his duty would end in the morning kaya hindi pa siya nagme-message. I can't believe I was really waiting for it! 

Nakita na kaya niya 'yong news? I should ask for his opinion about it later. I was a little worried that he might be mad, so I prepared myself for that too.