09

"Samantha, can I ask a question?" 

I was staring at Clyden for too long until someone called me. My gaze immediately went from him to the guy. My vision was a little blurred, so I shook my head and closed my eyes before opening them again. I saw Shan in front of me. 

"Oh, here's the playboy!" I laughed so hard I almost fell backward, but Clyden wrapped his hands around my waist to support my weight, pulling me closer to him. Our bodies bumped into each other. He looked at Shan and raised a brow. 

"I just want to ask a question, man." Shan sounded defensive, moving his hands up. 

"Ask her tomorrow. She's drunk," Clyden replied, trying to put me in my place because I was moving too much. 

"I think she can answer my question better when drunk." Shan smirked before looking at me. "Do you really not know where Yanna is staying?" 

My brows furrowed at the mention of my best friend's name. I looked away and bit my lower lip, trying to go back to my senses. I knew Yanna was in Nueva Ecija, and I was pretty sure Shan was asking that for his best friend, who flew to Florida, leaving Yanna behind. 

"She's-" I was going to say, 'not here,' but Clyden covered my mouth with his other hand, afraid that I would accidentally say a secret while drunk. 

I would never do that to my best friend kahit painumin pa 'ko ng siyam na bottles ng alak. Yanna made me promise not to say anything to anyone, so I wouldn't, kahit kina Luna, so why would I tell Shan? But of course, I really appreciated Clyden's gesture. 

"She's what?" Shan asked again. 

"Do not take advantage of her state." Clyden glared at him before wrapping his arms around my shoulder to pull me away. Shan sighed and nodded before stepping aside to let us pass. 

"I hope you also won't." Shan held Clyden's arm to stop him from walking away. Clyden's brows furrowed before moving his arm away with force, glaring at Shan, who was probably just protective of me because I was being taken care of by someone he wasn't familiar with. 

"Ano b'ang problema mo?" Clyden stepped forward, obviously getting pissed now. 

"Bring her back to her friends. Saan mo siya dadalhin?" Shan tried to reach for my arm, but Clyden lightly pushed me to his back. 

"We're going home," seryosong sabi ni Clyden. My eyes were so wide that I had to look around to ask someone for help. They looked like they were about to punch each other. 

I massaged my head again, hoping that the spinning would stop. Damn, I drank too much. "Shan, it's fine-" 

"Do you know this guy, Sam?" Shan asked me. 

"I am bringing my fiancée home. Do you have any problem with that?" Clyden put his tongue on the insides of his cheek and raised his brows.