20

"What is this?" 

I asked that as soon as I opened the small paper bag he gave me. He was putting alcohol on his hands when he stopped to look at me. Slowly, I saw how his cheeks blushed as he looked away in embarrassment.

"Why? Why are you getting shy now? What is this?" sunod-sunod na tanong ko. When I received no response from him, I started to find out myself. 

I took out the thing inside the bag, and I was shocked to see a small velvet box. I looked at him in confusion, but he was playing with his lower lip while looking outside the car's window. I blinked twice when I saw a ring inside. It was a simple one with a rose gold band and a small diamond in front. 

"W-what..." I didn't know what to say. I was confused and out of words. I looked at the ring I was wearing, and it was actually more extravagant than this one. The simpler ring was more like him. 

"I didn't choose the ring you're wearing right now. Our parents chose it for us. I think it's just right to give you a ring that I picked myself," he explained, a little nervous. "If... If you don't want to wear it, it's fine-"

"Oh my god," I whispered, still staring at the ring. My lips slowly formed a smile out of so much happiness. How sweet of him. I never even thought of it that way! I was actually fine with the ring I was wearing. Little did I know that he was thinking about it that way. "Suot mo sa 'kin!" 

He looked at me for a moment before smiling a little and reaching out for the small box in my hand. Tinanggal niya ang singsing at hinawakan ang kamay ko. I was looking down at my hand, waiting for him to slide the ring on my finger, but I immediately looked up when his other hand touched my chin to give me a soft kiss. 

I automatically closed my eyes to welcome his lips on mine. When he let go, his eyes went down to my hand, admiring the ring on my finger. It looked so pretty on me. Dalawa na ang singsing ko ngayon!

"I'm going to marry you," he suddenly said. 

"Do not be so sure, Clyden. You're giving me false hopes. What if something big happens that will force us to be apart from each other?" I raised a brow at him. 

I knew I was the one who asked that question, but I felt a sting in my chest just thinking about it. I probably couldn't be apart from him for a long time. He was the only one that was keeping me sane apart from my friends. I found comfort in his arms. I couldn't live again in a world with us treating each other as strangers. 

"Even if the world forces me to leave you, I wouldn't," he seriously answered. "I will stay by your side whatever happens, so do the same for me." 

"I also want to stay with you," I said in a small voice. "You will always be there for me, right?" 

"Of course, love." 

I smiled and gave him a short kiss before we decided to come back to the party. I hoped I wasn't gone for too long! When we entered the club, his hand automatically went around my waist to pull me closer to him. I almost fell when I bumped into Kierra on my way out. She looked so mad!