04

"Was that a lie?" 

I lay down on my bed, looking at the ceiling and wondering if he was being serious or if he was just trying to fool me. I mean, there was obviously nothing wrong with not drinking, but his face was so hard to read. Clyden was suspicious that way. 

"Why do I even care?" I asked before standing up to do my skincare. "A lie or not, let him live his life." 

I went outside my room to go to the bathroom but stopped when I saw Clyden in the hallway, rubbing Hail's belly. I smiled at the dog and waved my hand so it ran to me, wagging his cute little tail. Around five months pa lang siguro siya.

"Hello." I bent my knees to caress his head. It was a boy. I saw how Clyden stood up and looked at me with his hands inside his pockets. He had just showered, so I could smell his shampoo and soap from him. "Where did you buy the dog?" 

"I adopted him." His brows furrowed. "My friend's husky got pregnant, and Hail was the only one who survived. My friend had to go to another country, so he gave the baby to me," he explained. 

"Where's his mom?" I looked at the dog. 

"Died two months ago." 

Ang ayos niyang kausap kapag aso niya ang topic, huh. What a fur dad! He was like talking about his children. I could see the affection in his eyes. Maybe he was saying the truth about 'dogs over you.' I would probably say the same thing. 

"Poor baby." I pouted, still caressing Hail's head. I could tell that he was enjoying it. He was wagging his tail. 

"Yeah." He nodded before holding the knob of his room. "You can take care of him. I'll sleep now." 

"Really?" My eyes lit up. He told me that I could take care of the dog! Naramdaman ko tuloy na parang owner na rin ako. I would love to take care of his dogs too! 

He didn't answer. He just closed the door, so I stood up and went inside the bathroom, with Hail following me from behind. I did my skincare before carrying Hail to my room. I put him on the floor before sitting down on my bed, watching him. I was so afraid that he would pee on the floor or, worse, poop. 

"Are you potty-trained, baby?" I asked like the dog would answer me. "Well, he wouldn't let him inside the room if he's not, right?" 

I stood up from my bed when I heard the dog whimpering. I panicked a little, so I wanted to ask Clyden about it, but the moment I opened the door, Hail left my room and began scratching Clyden's door using his paw.

Clyden immediately opened the door and looked down. He was wearing glasses, so I assumed that he was studying. Bukas pa ang pasok niya. Ano'ng inaaral niya? 

"Come in." I actually thought he said that to me, but he was looking at the dog, so I felt relieved. 

"Where are the others?" I asked about Summer and Maple.