FIFTEEN

Percy POV

I was battling a hydra when the ground started shaking.

[𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚢, 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎, 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐. 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚞𝚙]

I froze and looked down. Sure enough, the ground was shaking, going up and down. I looked around. The campers looked bewildered, too. They feel it too. Not hallucinating, then.

There was another tremor, and the ground shook. Earthquake, I thought. I killed off the hydra, and ran towards the source. The ground shook again and I stumbled. Earthquake... was that a monster? Or a demigod? But Poseidon was the god of earthquakes, and so far I was his only child. Monster, then.

I sighed. I'd always thought I'd killed all the monsters in Greek mythology, but they just kept coming. What sort of monster made earthquakes? I racked my brain for an answer. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of one in the chaos.

Annabeth ran beside me. She yelled at me, but I couldn't hear her. I ignored her and went on, slaying all the monsters that got in my way.

I drowned a group of monsters with a huge wave, and finally arrived at the source. "Around here... somewhere..." I muttered as I looked around. There weren't any especially scary-looking monsters, and I was confused for a second, until Annabeth pointed at the entrance to Camp Half-Blood, "There!"

I whipped towards the direction she was pointing, and saw a vague figure of a girl whirling in the midst of a huge group of monsters. She's fending off the monsters that are trying to get in, I realized. The girl reached out a hand, and the ground shook again, followed by a huge wave that crashed into the monsters. All the while, she whirled through the monsters, a blurry of motion, throwing her weapon, two golden knifes, at the monsters.

When she slowed down, I took a good look at her. She turned around, her long, black hair loose and messy. For a second, I was able to see her face, and... I saw that her eyes were sea-green. Just like me. She was like a girl version of me: we had the same face, same eyes, same hair. I stood there, dumbstruck.

I turned around. The monsters inside Camp were nearly cleared, and tired campers in dented armor stood behind me, watching the girl fight. She summoned earthquakes that swallowed the monster, waves huge and strong enough to shatter a building, and she fought with her knifes. In no time, she had cleared the whole army of monsters.

She stood right in front of the entrance, her Imperial Gold knifes in either hand. Roman demigod, then. She bent over, and panted.

Then the girl turned around slowly, and smiled, "Hey!"

Then she fell sideways.