EIGHT

Atalanta POV

As we arrived at the entrance of the Greek camp, Will let Nico drape his arms over his shoulder. "I'm fine." Nico said with an eye roll, but he stumbled as he walked. Will looked at him, worried.

"You're going to pass out any moment, as a doctor, I say you're not fine." Will said.

"How weak." Janice said when she saw Nico's state. That got me mad, and Will too. Nico was too weak to say anything, and I just yelled at Janice, not caring that it would cost me a lot more beating up. "You insult me? Fine. You insult my friend? Not okay."

"He's not even your friend, from what I know." Leila snorted.

"I-"

That was when this centaur appeared at the entrance to Camp Half-Blood. My mind ran and settled down on one answer. "You're... Chiron...?" I remembered Nico telling me about the kind centaur before.

Chiron nodded and smiled at me warmly. I pulled down my hood to cover my face. As nice as he seemed, I wasn't that good with strangers. Will was different, though, when I was with him I felt no discomfort.

Chiron led us to the Big House, while Will sped Nico to the infirmary, the other campers sniggering at the passed out son of Hades. I heard a few snips, "look at him." "Not so strong now, huh?" Honestly, I wasn't surprised, I'd seen a lot of Nico's weak side when we were friends. I would get him to open up and tell me his problems. He might act cold and quiet, but he was a really sweet and kind of weak guy, I guess? He was always so unstable and unsure of himself.

Chiron assigned us to different cabins. Mostly we just followed our godly parent's Greek form, like Leila, who went to Demeter. A few others like Janice and Zack whose godly parent didn't have a cabin went to Hermes with me. Now, you may ask, why the hell was I there?

Obviously the others forgot about me in a span of ten minutes, and I wasn't mentioned, and I didn't bother to tell Chiron my dad was Neptune. I guess it might be better to stick with the others than go sleep in the same cabin as Percy Jackson. I wasn't really enthusiastic about sleeping... yeah okay I should stop.

When we got to Hermes, Janice and Zack introduces each of us. Except for me, of course. When the cabin councillors, the twins Travis and Connor Stoll asked, some person in our group simply said, "a nobody who isn't supposed to be here." I got ignored for the rest of the day.

I sighed as I plopped down on my bed at night. Maybe Camp Half-Blood wasn't as good as I had imagined.