TWO

Atalanta POV

I looked around. I was at the Field of Mars again. There were demigods all around me. I walked and went straight through them like a ghost. I saw myself, standing at a corner while the Fourth and Third Cohort laughed at the Fifth stagger around in that weak turtle formation towards the fort.

I walked towards the fort. Suddenly, three demigods popped out of a tunnel a little way near the fort's east wall. Three vague figures. Frank, Hazel... and Percy Jackson, I guessed. I was back at the day of Percy's first war game. I couldn't get close to them, my feet were glued to the floor, I couldn't see his face, but I saw him raise his arms, and all the water canons exploded. My body followed them as Frank shot a hooked arrow to the wall, and they climbed up. I went straight through the wall. I saw Percy in the midst of Chaos, fighting like a demon, whirling through the ranks, rolling under their feet, slashing, whacking the defenders with the flat of his blade, and causing panic among the ranks. His armour and sword was coated in blood, and for some reason, I felt a swell of pride when I saw him, like I was proud of him, happy for him. Maybe because he was a son of Poseidon, my father's Greek form.

Percy grabbed the banner, and lifted it over his head. At that time, Frank was just a probatio. He'd changed so much after the war with Gaia, more burly, more fit in his body, and, well... he was praetor now. While Hazel, she was that daughter of Pluto everyone didn't want to be near to, but didn't dare insult either, in fear of her brother, Nico Di Angelo.

I felt a rush of sadness. Hazel has her brother who always stood up for her. Defended her, cared for her, loved her. I wanted that too. I wanted so badly for a brother to care for me, or maybe a friend to talk to. I longed the life of the other demigods, with their friends they joked or laughed or spent time with. I had nobody. I was a nobody.

As a cheer went up all around me, the dream flashed, and turned to darkness.

I woke up and stretched. Sunlight streamed through the window. Setting the room with a bright glow. I climbed out of bed and looked out. The sun was too bright for my mood. I drew the curtains.

When I was done dressing, I went out and saw that the others were still sleeping. Thank gods I wasn't late. I went over and woke Leila up. For some reason, she gave me this "wake-everyone-up" job. Probably so that she could make me wake up extra early every morning, since Leila liked to he woken up at five in the morning, then fall asleep again and get up again at seven, along with the others. It was crazy annoying, and if I didn't wake her up, she would tell Zack and Janice to beat me up.

Leila sat up, checked her clock, and gave me a smirk, "Daughter of Neptune! Fancy seeing you at this time. Now shoo." She waved me away and went back to sleep. The demigods liked to call me "daughter of Neptune", although all of them knew my name. They just think that reminding me of my parents was important. And they took this as some sort of insult to me.

I decided I didn't want to go back to sleep, so I went outside for a stroll. Camp Jupiter was quiet in the morning: no demigods walking around, no sound of chatter. I went to my favourite spot by the Little Tiber. It was shaded by trees, partly hidden from view. The demigods rarely went here, I mean, they don't even like water, and they didn't even have a boat. They had no reason to be here. I sat down on the shore and dipped my hands inside the water. It was cool and it soothed me.

I don't know how long I sat there, but then I heard a conch horn blow. I sighed and got up.

Time to gather for war games.