Chapter twelve

(Aurora POV)

Oh god no, he must be joking and now my stomach feels like its in knots or something. All I know is that I'm feeling sick to my stomach and as soon as Alex leaves, I'm running into the bathroom. I started throwing up in the toilet and I'm not liking it at all, but its probably my nerves. Its a good thing the doctor toke my blood yesterday because I don't think Ill be able to handle it today. The rest of the day went by fast getting ready for the ball tonight. I get together with Raina, Autumn, and Jasmine all got ready together. I wore a blue dress with white patterns on the chest and sleeveless. I wore my hair in a loose bun. Raina wore a long pink dress that flowed around her with beautiful flower patterns all around. The sleeve hangs off the shoulder that is short sleeve. She wore her hair in a French braid. Autumn wore white dress with blue flowers all around it. Her hair was in a practical bun as the rest was down her back. Jasmine wore long black dress that had a slit that ran down her left leg. Her hair was in a half French braid.

"Wow Aurora, you look so amazing that I don't think my brother Alex will be able to keep his hands off you."

"You think so Raina? I haven't seen him all day."

"You know he's probably been busy getting his work done before the ball and my father been in his office with him. Who knows what grief he's putting Alex through right now?"

"Yeah, I guess your right. I just been feeling off today and feel something bad is going to happen. I been so upset by this that I'm sick to my stomach over it."

"You should go see the pack doctor Dariana Mihaila tomorrow. Well, lets get going because the royals need to make a grand entree. I'll let Alex know that youre looking for him."

"I'll see you later than. I think I'll start heading for the ball room. Hopefully, I'll run into Autumn or Jasmine on the way there."

We both went our separate ways, but this uneasy feeling inside my stomach just grew more. I walk toward the ball room feeling more anxiety for Alex is supposed to me announce that Im his mate and future queen.

"Hey kitten."

"Wait, I think I recognize that voice. I think that's Damien and when I turn around just confirm on what I was thinking."

"Damien, can I help you with something?"

I hope he gets the idea that I don't care for him at all. Its a shame though because hes not bad looking, but him being a jerk doesnt help with it. He's tall with a nice tan skin, dark brown hair, and eyes, but hes still an ass though.

"Hey, your looking beautiful my kitten. I would think that Alexander wouldn't let you out of his sight for too long."

"Stop calling me kitten! Also, Alex has been busy with the packs business. Well, Ill see you later if I'm not lucky."

"What's the hurry Kitten?"

I really wish he stop calling me that. Maybe I should have a talk to Alex about that and the fact that Damien makes me very uneasy to be around him.

"I'm trying to look for Autumn and Jasmine."

"Well, I'll keep you accompany you until you can find them. If you don't mind of course?"

"Well, I guess it be alright."

It wasnt to long as we walk toward the room when I heard my name being called out.

"Hey Aurora, wait I'm coming with you and I have Jasmine with me."

"Oh Autumn, Jasmine I been looking for you both."

We all walk toward the room, but on the way, I was wondering where Dani and Seb was now.

"Hey Autumn, but where is Seb and Dani at?"

"Oh, they'll be on the stage with Alex. Jasmine and I will also be introducing to the whole pack as their mates."

As we walked into the ball room and couldnt believe just how beautiful it was. The room was a cream color with gold trimming. There are cartons that were long red velvet. Many gorgeous hanging chandlers with gold and lots of lights. I started looking for Alex, but he was no where in sight. Damien for some reason kept awfully close to me though. To close for my comfort and I wondering why. About a half hour or so there was a man that came into view.

"May I have everyone attention please. Please welcome the royal family."

The first one to enter the stage was King Trayvon and Queen Bellatrix. After came Alex and Raina then for Seb and Dani. Alex for some reason had a blank look on his face as if he were hiding something.

"Thank you all for coming and sharing this moment with my family. My son Alexander will be taking my place on his 25th birthday."

Everyone was cheering for the exciting news of Alex becoming King.

"Now my son Alexander would like to make an announcement. Please go-ahead son, everyone is listening."

Alex walked up to the front of the stage, but still he was unreadable. He hasnt even made eye contact with me.

"Thank you everyone, I have great news to say. I have found my mate, the one that I love, and your future Queen."

Alex paused as he took a look around the room until he seen me, but what I seen in his eyes were sadness as he than look back to his father. There was a nod from his father as if he told him to continue.

"And I'm happy for all you to meet my mate and your future Queen, Kimberly Stone daughter of Alpha Andrew Stone of the Black pine pack."

Wait, what did he just say? Did he just say that Kimberly was his mate? No, this cant be happening. This must be a bad dream that I need to wake up from. The room was getting hot and I was getting so sick to my stomach that I think I'm going to throw up. I looked up to Alex not understanding what was going on and why would he have betrayed me like this. He just refused to even look into my eyes. I felt the necklace around my neck, the necklace that he gave to me on my 13th birthday and every birthday after added a charm to it. I decide that I no longer wanted it on my neck, so I rip it off breaking the clasp to it tossing it to the floor. I than went for the so-called promise ring to rip that too off my finger. His so-called promise to always be with me for us to always be together. As I went for the ring thats when Alex finally notice what I was doing trying to take the ring off my finger. No matter how hard I try but I couldnt remove the ring from my finger. I than noticed Alex making eye contact with Dani as than he started, I think heading toward me. That's when I felt a hand grabbed my arm and started pulling me out of the room.

"Come with me kitten and let me get you out of here. It looks as if you really need some fresh air. You were looking a little green."

Damien was right, and I did need to get out of here for some air. I still feel like Im going to be sick. He pulled my arm hard as he was leading me further from away from the castle and more toward the forest. Im not sure what he is doing.

"Damien, where are you taking me too?"

"I wish I could say that I'm sorry on what Im about to do to you, but I really am not sorry at all. I never like Alexander from day on that I met him. I would do anything to hurt that asshole. Its just a shame that It had to evolve you."

"What do you mean? Is what just happen in there is your doing?"

"No, I have nothing to do with just happen. That was all on Alexander. You now can see him for what he truly is. Did you really think he would love a lower rank wolf? Did you really believe that he would make you is Queen? He used you to get what he wanted from you and throw you away because he knew you would not make a suitable mate for him."

Is he telling me the truth? Did Alexander use me like that? Did he really lie to me? I try reaching out to Kamaria, but all I was getting was her whimpering and her sadness from the pain we were going through.

"Are you really telling me the truth?"

"You tell me? Did that look fake on what you seen?"

No, it didnt look fake and thats what scares me. We went further into the woods and Im not sure why or what hes doing.

"Where are we going, Damien?"

He didnt say anything more but before I could say anything else I felt a sharp pain in my neck as everything goes black.