Chapter 21

Kayley's POV

I guess I fell asleep while we were watching movies. When I woke up, my head was on Niall's lap and he was looking down at me and stroking my hair.

I rubbed my eyes and asked him, "What time is it?"

"About seven o'clock," he answered.

"Ugh!" I groaned and closed my eyes again.

Niall shook me and said, "Sit up for me, please? We need to talk."

"Oh crap," I muttered as my eyes flew open. I sat straight up and scooted to the other end of the couch. I looked at him with wide eyes as he moved closer to me.

He placed a hand on my thigh as he said, "I'm not breaking up with you." I relaxed a little, but I still didn't like where this was going. I turned to face him and he looked sad.

"Umm, so you know how we're only here for a visit right?" he started.

"Oh gosh, not this conversation! I've read about it so many times in fanfics, I-"

He cut me off by saying, "Fan fiction? Really?"

"I'm a fan, of course I'm gonna read fanfiction! Anyway, go on," I defended as I tried to get him back on the subject.

"We're gonna have to go back to London to record our album and then we're gonna go on tour."

"So what you're saying is..."

"We're gonna have to talk to Management about letting you come with us," he said with a smile. I mirrored him and he hugged me. He kissed my cheek and pulled away.

"So when are we gonna go?" I asked.

He answered with a question. "When do you want to?"

"NOW!" I screamed.

"Okay then. Let's go," he laughed. I took off Louis' Toms and limped to my room. I got the other half of my pair of black Vans and limped back out to the living room. I put my other one on and we were off.

Niall drove me back to their hotel and we got in the lift again. It took us up to the 6th floor and we made our way to room 667. Niall knocked on the door and someone I didn't know answered. Well, obviously I didn't know them, they were One Direction's management, how should I know them? We walked in and saw about 4 people sitting around a table playing cards. Playing cards. Nice.

Paul walked over and said, "Hello, Kayley. Nice to see you again." He shook my hand.

"Nice to see you again, too, Mr. Higgins," I said, trying to sound formal and educated, but who am I kidding?

"Please, just call me Paul," he pleaded. "It's weird being called 'Mr. Higgins.'"

"Sorry," I apologized. Paul shrugged it off.

As we walked further into the room, Niall slipped his hand into mine and gave it a reassuring squeeze. I smiled nervously and followed his lead.

"Hello, Niall. What brings you here?" a professional woman asked while looking up from her cards. The rest of the people set their cards on the table.

Niall smiled an intentionally charming smile and said, "Hi. I actually came because I have a question for you..."

I had my eyes focused on either Niall, the floor, or the woman the whole time, so my head shot up when I heard a very familiar, and very intimidating, voice.

"What's the question?" Simon Cowell asked. I was in the same room as Simon. Oh my gosh. I had another fangirl attack. But I kept it in to let out later. Simon Cowell was sitting mere meters away from me in the flesh. I could've died and gone to Heaven at that moment. I was breathing the same air as him.