Chapter 13

Kayley's POV

I figured these boys were worthy enough to know. I trusted them.

"I guess I'll start at the beginning," I started. This will take a while... "I was going out with this guy Jordan. He was the best guy ever. He was super sweet. But that all changed around graduation time when he invited me over to his house and for some stupid reason, he hit me. That was the beginning of him abusing me. Not sexually, no. Just hitting me if I did something wrong or said something he didn't like. He told me that if I broke up with him or told anybody that he was beating me, he would kill me. Now, I knew Jordan. He could probably kill someone ten different ways with his bare hands. That's the reason I moved here in the first place.

"When we were in the van, and you blindfolded us-" I glared at Zayn "-my thoughts went wild. I thought it could've been anybody kidnapping me, but Jordan stood out in my mind.

"Also, the other reason I started lashing out-" I looked at Liam because he wanted to know the other reason "-is because I was in a car crash when I was sixteen. My dad was driving and my mom was in the front seat with him. I was in the back with my brother Thomas, or Tommy is what I liked to call him. We were going through an intersection when some drunk guy rammed his car into the right side of ours. I hit my head on the window, and it knocked me out. I'm freaked out by cars, even though I may not act like it. I have like, a car-a-phobia. I'm scared I'll be in another wreck, so being blindfolded in a car didn't really help that. When I woke up, my parents told me that Tommy was dead. He was sitting in the seat on the right of the car, and the drunk guy drove his car right into Tommy, pretty much. He was killed on impact. I had a minor concussion and a few scratches and bruises. My parents had a few cuts and bruises too, so they were fine. But my brother, my only brother, was dead. He was only fifteen.

"And that brings me to my next point. Why I don't want any of you to call me 'Kay' is because the last words he said to me were, 'I love you too, Kay.' So, I apologize for flipping out like I did. I know you guys think I'm crazy, so it's fine if you just want to forget me and go on with your lives." I looked down at my feet.

When I looked up, everybody had tears in their eyes. Or on their face. Alice looked shocked. She was crying. Obviously. Girls are emotional. Grace had the same facial expression as Alice, tears and all. Kate was looking down at her feet, her tears splashing on her hands. Liam's lip was quivering, and he was biting it. I could tell he was trying really hard not to cry. Louis looked super guilty, and the tears flowed silently down his face. Zayn sat there like someone had just smashed his favorite mirror; he was about to cry, too. Harry had silent tears dripping into his lap. Niall was straight up sobbing. He had his head in his hands, and he was just shaking. I felt something drip on my hand and realized I was crying too.

"I-I didn't mean t-to make any of you cry," I whispered. I ran to my bedroom and slammed the door. What else was I supposed to do? I JUST MADE ONE DIRECTION CRY. That wasn't supposed to happen! I just wanted to inform them why I lashed out the day before. So, now they definitely think I'm crazy. Great.

I was staring at my ceiling when I heard a soft knock at the door. "Come in," I sighed. I didn't even look to see who it was. I felt them sit on my bed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw stripes.

"Hey, Louis," I muttered.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "Look at me." He took my chin in his warm hand and turned my head so I was looking at him. "I had no idea that's why you didn't want me calling you that. I should've stopped when you told me to. And none of us think you're crazy. You're just as sane as the rest of us."

"But Lou," I said. "You're not sane."

He laughed. "Well, as sane as the others."

"They're not much better..."