Chapter 14

Kayley's POV

Niall made me some blueberry pancakes. Well, he made them for himself. I just stole three of them when he wasn't looking and hopped off to my room. My foot still hurt like a bitch, but hey, that's what happens when you step on a piece of broken glass.

I locked my door and ate my pancakes with an evil grin on my face, although nobody could see me. Well, kinda. Sometimes I think Tommy watches over me, even though I'm older than him. I know this sounds crazy, but sometimes I hear him talking to me. This is even crazier: sometimes when I'm laying in bed and I'm having a nightmare, when I open my eyes, I see a faint white glow at the end of my bed. It has to be Tommy, each and every time. When he's there, I can faintly see his face. Call me crazy if you like, but I have a feeling my little brother is watching out for me from Heaven.

"Haha, nice, Kayley. Steal some pancakes from your boyfriend. You're such a charmer," I heard Tommy say to me.

I chuckled and said, "He's not my boyfriend! And you're no better!" I accidentally sprayed pancake on my pants. Oh. Ew. I was still wearing my pants from yesterday. And my shirt. And I never took my jewelry off. Dang it!

"Smooth, Kay. You might wanna change your clothes before Nialler over there says you smell like a farm," Tommy chuckled.

I love my brother. "Shut up! I was going to anyways!"

I grabbed a pair of dark blue short shorts and a bright green Amerian Eagle shirt. Along with some clean... undergarments. I ran/hopped to the bathroom and took a quick shower, doing all the things girls need to do in the shower, but standing on one leg while my foot was burning. I'm just that talented. I hopped out, dried off, and brushed through my wet hair. I also had to put a new band-aid on my foot. I brushed my teeth and hopped back to my bedroom. I picked up the plate and hopped out to the kitchen. I set it in the sink. I got myself a glass of orange juice. Hot. Damn. Never drink orange juice right after you brushed your teeth! Ew! I hopped out to the living room and plopped down on the couch.

Niall came walking in from the front door. I never knew he left. Hmm, I guess he left when I was eating or taking a shower or something. He was holding something behind his back.

"Whatcha holding behind your back?" I asked.

He smiled and said, "Guess."

"Well, a unicorn, hot chocolate, tampons, a rainbow, a leprechaun-"

"Wait," Niall interrupted me. "Did you just say tampons?"

I blushed. "Yeah, what about it?"

He blushed an even deeper shade of red than me. "Oh, uhh, nothing..."

Awkward silence.

"So what's behind your back?" I asked.

Niall smiled again and brought a pair of crutches from behind him.

"Niall!" I said. I got up and hopped over to him. I took the crutches and looked at them. They had 1D duct tape wrapped around the whole thing. A little card was hanging from it. I looked at it and it said:

"To Kayley,

Sorry about your foot. Hope it feels better!

Lots of love,

Niall <3"

"Niall!" I repeated. I used the crutches to get closer to him, then I laid them on the floor and gave him a hug. "You didn't have to!" I whispered.

"Oh, but I got to," he whispered back. Wow. That was cheesy.

I chuckled and picked them up again. He noticed the Louis band-aid on my finger.