Chapter 19

Kayley's POV

I woke up with a start. That dream scared the living crap out of me. Seriously. I lifted my head off the pillow and so did Niall.

"What's wrong?" he asked. Dang. His sleepy voice is seriously the cutest thing in the history of everything ever.

I turned onto my other side to face him. "Just a bad dream. Sorry, if I woke you up," I apologized.

"It's fine. What was the dream about?" he asked.

"Well," I started, "basically, it started like, umm..." I sounded like Harry! "I was walking through the park with you and the boys..."

"Mhm?" he said.

"And, well, we were walking, and when I turned around, you guys weren't there."

"Yeah?"

"So I turned in a complete circle and when I got back to facing where I was, Christie and Jordan were holding you and Kate in a headlock with knives pressed to your throats."

"Dang..."

"Uh-huh. So after that, Jordan said he would only let you go if I broke up with you and went back out with him."

"Ew." Nice comments there, Nialler.

"Yup. You said, 'No Kayley! Don't do it!' Then all of a sudden, Jordan snapped your neck the same time Christie snapped Kate's."

"Oh crap." His hands flew up to his neck.

"My thoughts exactly. They started coming at me, and when I looked in between them, I saw you and Kate, well your ghosts, walking hand in hand with Tommy. Ya know, my brother. All three of you looked back and smiled and waved, and then it was like you three just walked into the light. The last thing I was aware of was Jordan coming at me with the knife and everything went red." The end.

Niall hugged me tighter. "I'm so sorry. That must've been horrible. Do you want a cup of tea or something?"

"Please?" I asked.

"Anything," he told me and hopped out of bed. He made his way out the door. I sat up and turned my bedside lamp on. I swear I was sweating buckets.

I went to grab my phone, but it wasn't there. Come to think of it, I hadn't seen it since the park. I glanced over at my alarm clock and it said it was 4 am. Ugh! I flopped back into bed, but that hurt so bad I groaned. Fairly loudly, I suppose, because Louis came walking in the room rubbing his eyes.

Without even looking, he started, "Niall, how many times do I have to tell you to use protec- oh." He opened his eyes and saw me sitting there in a baggy tee shirt and booty shorts.

"Louis, you know I'm not like that," I said. "I'm just sore from whooping Christie's butt."

Lou laughed and said, "Sorry, I'll leave now." He left the room.

Niall came back in with a confused expression. "What did Louis want?" He handed me my tea and plopped down next to me.

I took a sip of the tea and said, "Oh, he thought we were, ya know, getting it on."

"Oh..." he said uncomfortably.

"Yeah."

"So, how many bad dreams have you had with Jordan in them?" he asked.

"Umm," I said, thinking. "A few?"

"I think you should see a psychologist about that," he muttered.

"Yeah, I think so too," I answered.

Awkward silence...

I turned to Niall. "Do you happen to know where my phone is?"