Hope

The night had really passed slowly with nothing interesting about it. There was no sign of Orochimaru prowling my territory, so it was a quiet night. Everything in my surroundings was quiet for now and that confused me. In the morning two ANBUS arrived along with Anko and Sarutobi and took the genins that passed the test.

Before leaving Anko turned in my direction.

"Hey. Your turn for now is covered, you have today free, tomorrow you will start with your next assigned area" I agreed with a nod as I watched his silhouette move away

I ran a hand through my hair, I felt like I had been holding my breath all night. Since I didn't feel it, I was too uncomfortable to think about breathing, my mind was quite busy during the night, thinking a thousand unnecessary things and concentrating on the mission.

I left the tower accompanied by two ANBUS from my squad who stayed to wait for me and we caught up with the group of genins. The road was really short, so once we left the forest, the two ANBUS that accompanied me disappeared like me.

"Let's see if I can find them" I murmured.

I sighed before re-entering one of the busiest places for me. The cemetery.

Every time I entered I hoped to find my parents, but I never found them. I walked slowly examining each of the tombstones that were scattered linearly on the ground. Each name I had reviewed at least a thousand times in my life, I spent much of my time here observing them in the hope that something would give me a signal about my my parents.

I stopped in front of a couple of familiar headstones.

Rin Nohara. Obito Uchiha.

Those two names belonged to Kakashi's former teammates. I kept walking until I came across more known headstones.

Fugaku Uchiha. Mikoto Uchiha. Shisui Uchiha.

When I read the last name the memories flooded my mind, my gaze was lost in that stone and I mentally reprimanded myself for not having brought some flowers to decorate the sad stone. Her headstone must have looked better than the others.

Fugaku Uchiha was the leader of the Uchiha clan and the father of Itachi-san and that idiot survivor of the massacre, for that he knew him, as well as his wife Mikoto Uchiha. They never got to like me enough.

They were both to blame for all this happening.

I got to my apartment and looked at the wall to check the time. 2:20 AM. It was still early for my body as I used to have an irregular schedule in basically everything, so despite the time my body asked me for food. I hadn't been consuming much food due to how busy I was with exams. Before going to sleep I heated the curry that was left in the refrigerator.

The next morning, I got up and got ready to go out. I jumped across the rooftops until I reached the forest, and once there I started walking to get to my designated area for today.

Upon arrival I installed myself in a tree and looked in all directions in search of movement, but I could not find any movement at the moment. Look north, noting that the exams started just a few minutes ago. I was still surprised by the fact that he could pass the exams with his intellect and his ninja level. It's something I never thought I'd see, but I'm still proud of it.

"How's that going? "I heard a male voice behind me, a few meters behind my position

I immediately knew that the voice was from a stranger, so I hid my chakra and went deeper into the forest to search for the owners of the voices. I stopped as I observed ten ninjas positioned on the ground in Indian mode around a gigantic summoning seal that was on the ground. Each of them passed chakra to the circle, when their chakra was depleted they were replaced by another ninja.