The night

I wake up in a daze, suddenly forgetting what had happened and why I was where I was. I sit up and realize that I am back in the house, my memory rushes back to me as I remember the pain of the harsh fall. I slide my body of one of the many beds in the house to go and find the other, but as soon as I begin to walk, my right leg begins to ache with pain. I let out an agonized scream and I see Hunter figure race around the corner. "No no go and sit back down." He says as he rushes over to help me back down. "What the hell has happened to my leg?" I say as I hold back tears that I can feel welling up. Why am I about to cry? It's not even hurting anymore. "Amberly went out looking for you and found you lying out on the ground! Thank God she found you, you could have died." He gives me a kiss and sits down on the bed next to me. I think nothing of the kiss until I remember what I had heard earlier while I had been balancing on that ladder in the shed. I don't even know if he actually loves me anymore, for all I know he could be cheating on me. For some reason I can't help but want to forgive him though, I don't even know what it is that he has done! I do know that there is another girl involved. Amber? Abby? I can't remember the  girls name... "Hello? Earth to Brooke?" Hunter waves is hand in front of my face with a large grin on him face. I snap out of my day dreaming and give him eye contact as I smirk realizing that I just lost focus on everything.

"Sorry, what were you saying? I dozed out... no offence" He laughs and starts what he was saying over again. "Amberly found us out, she has been yelling at me all afternoon." I give a deep sigh and look at the ground. I knew we were busted as soon as she said something to me. "Oh well, now we don't have to hide away from everyone." He starts kissing me and I lie down. He moves in next to me and we are lying together on a bed. I should really stop getting myself into these situations. "Where's Amberly?" I ask breaking our kiss. He laughs and kisses me again. "Didn't you hear anything I said? Mason, Amberly and Marisa went back to Marisa's for the night so they could get some weird wizard crap or something, we have this place to ourselves the whole night." I know what he means, but I'm not sure... "Don't worry they wont be back until tomorrow, I promise." He kisses me again but I move away. "Did you just read my mind?" I say as I feel my heart rate go up. I really hope he can't still read my mind. "No, but thanks for telling me what you were thinking about." He laughs and I start kissing him again. 

Next thing I know I am laying in bed with him, and there is a mess of clothes all over the ground. I cannot believe I just did that. Why did I just do that? I suddenly begins to feel a wave of panic. Why would I do that when I just found out that he is hiding more from me? I am such a complete moron, but I guess I have an excuse... I mean who wouldn't want to loose their virginity to him? I snap myself out of it, I can't let his gorgeous face and hot body take away from the fact that he might be cheating on me. I crawl out of bed leaving hunter behind. He calls out to me as I finish putting my clothes back on. "Where are you going?" He says as if he is really confused. I can't blame him, you don't usually have sex and then walk away without saying or doing anything else. "Just getting some fresh air," I say as I head for the stairs. 

When I reach the door and the cold air reaches my face I feel relieved. I feel like I could just start crying again, but I have no reason to. I love him, but there is just so much going on that I can't focus on us, I am forced to be thinking about everything else, and know that I know he is still having secret conversation with Amberly, I have no idea who he really is. Maybe him and Amberly are still together, and she was yelling at him because she found out we were together as well... I hear the large door open and then slam back closed. I jump but quickly realize it's only Hunter. He comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist while kissing my neck. I just can't keep going on like this. I pull his arms away from my waist and turn to face him. He frowns at me with concern. I give a deep sigh and start talking. "Here's the thing, the other day when you found me lying on the ground from that fall, well just before that I had been in the shed behind the house." I look up at him nervously waiting for a reaction, but he keeps a pleasant look on his face so I continue, "I heard you and Amberly talking, or more so yelling at each other, she was saying something about a girl, and how she couldn't believe you were doing this." I see hunter as his face turns slightly pale, he doesn't move at all, and just stays focused on my eyes, "I really need to know whats going on, because I can't be in a relationship where there are secrets." I stand still and fold my arms waiting for an answer. Hunter moves slightly closer and shakes his head with a small smile on his face. "Brooke you've got it all wrong, that girl your talking about is Amberly's cousin, she was angry that I was already dating someone again so soon after she had died. I begin to frown, why would that be a problem? Hunter continues, "I used to date her ages ago, and unfortunately a few months ago she died."

I begin walking further down the alley so I am standing in the center now, "I don't understand, why didn't you tell me?" I ask getting more upset by the second, "I'm sorry I just forgot." He says as he walks closer to me. I push him slightly back and start walking down the Alley, I can't trust him, not if he is going to keep things like that from me. "Leave me alone," I say as I gradually get closer to the end of the Alley, "I don't like liars, I should have been more careful." I feel a rush of adrenalin as the words leave my body, I cannot believe I just said that to him! All of a sudden I hear a voice in my mind saying 'yeah well maybe you should be careful who you have sex with.' I turn around in shock, but I see that he is walking away slowly and didn't say anything. Did I just read his mind?