Time alone

I sit inside around the wooden table. Mason is talking to me, but his voice is mostly blurred out by my thoughts. All I can think about is what happened with Hunter, I feel like an idiot because I know he can read my thoughts, but he hasn't been acting weird because of the things I have been thinking about, and he probably should be. Maybe he can't read my thoughts anymore? "So Brooke, do you understand?" I turn my focus from the table to Mason, but I have no clue what he is talking about. "Uh yeah kind of, could you go through it again?" I feel embarrassed because he probably knows that I wasn't listening. I have to make sure he knows I'm interested in leaving. Mason rolls his eyes and starts again. "With the pace that your picking things up, we can try and get you out of here in a couple of weeks, maybe even a week and a half. For the moment, you need to focus on the main things. Things like eating, sleeping and living with out feeling pain are the things you should be practicing. For the next few days Amberly and I will be gone trying to find a good friend of ours. Hopefully she can help you." The two of them look at each other in a way I haven't seen them look before, not romantic or anything, just different. It concerns me that they would have to go and get some help. It then dawns on me what this really means. I get Hunter all to myself for three days! Unlike just before, I have a reason to be excited, Hunter tried to kiss me! Who knows what will happen in the next three days. "Well, I hope you guys find what you looking for, we'll be fine for three days or however long it is." I want to grin when he says this, I know what he means but I still don't feel like it's the right thing to do.

Mason and Amberly grab a few things and head of. As soon as they leave it's silent. I go and sit down at the table and pretend to read a random book that I grabbed of a shelf. I glance up at Hunter a few times without him noticing, but I decide its too risky. After a few minuets I hear his heavy footsteps as he walks over and takes a seat opposite me. "Look, I'm sorry If I went too far earlier, I just thought that well you know, you would go along with it." I look up from the book and begin to blush, I then realize, how old is he anyway? "No its fine, I just...well I mean I hardly know you and I mean, I don't even know how old you are. It just didn't feel right." I look down at my hands and try and pretend that I am concentrated on them, but all I can think about is him and what he might say. "Well, I can tell you I'm 18, I've only been here two years." I frown as I shake my head. "Why do you stay here, why not move on, like everybody else?" He stands up and walks over to sit next to me. "The three of us do move on, all the time, every time we help someone. But I'm sick of moving, we always go where Mason wants to go." I give a slight nod and look down at the table. It goes silent, and for some reason, I really just want to kiss him. He looks at me and I look at him, we stare for a moment before he speaks. "Do you want to go get some ice cream? I know a great place just down the road." I can't help but laugh, "Ice cream? I thought eating was a dream!" He to begins to laugh, "Yeah but it still tastes good." My life has gone off the rails in these last three days, and now I'm being asked out on a date by a guy that can read my mind and jump a million times higher than me. I laugh again as he anticipates my answer. "Sure," I say as I stand up. "I need to buy some clothes anyway, I have none." He also stands up and we head outside.

We walk down the alleyway as I realize the sun is beggining to set. I haven't learned anything today. "By the way, can you still read my mind?" He looks straight ahead as we turn around the corner and out of the alleyway. "Well, that's for me to know and for you to try and figure out." He looks over at me and grins. His big brown eyes glisten in the night sky as the city lights shine down on us. I can't believe a guy this good looking likes me. He begins to run down the street, "Race you there!" He yells out as he begins to run as fast as he can. Just like I had noticed before, he can run so much faster than anyone I have ever met. I also begin to run as I tell myself it's all a dream 'It's a dream, you can run as fast as you want.' I keep repeating this in my mind as I feel my speed get faster and faster, I look forward and see I have almost caught up to Hunter. He looks around and see's I'm behind him. "Oh crap!" He says as he starts running faster. Before I know it we're at the Ice cream shop and we have both stopped. "Seriously how did you run that fast? You don't know how to do that, do you?" I fold my arms and smile up at him. "I'm not stupid, it's pretty obvious what you have to do to be able to do these crazy things. I just tell myself it's a dream." He pulls his hands out of his pockets as his takes my hand in his and walks up to the store. "I hope you don't tell yourself I'm a dream." He says as he gives me one more glance before looking at all the delicious ice creams. I can't help but feel that I am falling for him, I feel like I can't be though, I've only known him a few days.

I join him as we look at the ice creams and eventually order. We sit down at a small table and watch the people walk up and down the street. "I still can't believe it myself sometimes, all these people look so real, and everything feels so real. It's so hard to realize who's in the dream or who is living in the dream." I understand what he means, it's almost impossible to know. "That's why you can never be sure what love is." I feel my heart sink as I realize what he means. How does he know I'm real? "Well how do you know who is real? How do you know I'm real?" He turns his head to me and shakes it, "I know for a fact your real, the only ones that are real are the ones that can understand so quickly." I take a quiet sigh of relief. As we sit there watching the busy city it dawns on me, how can I be in love with him when I know as a fact that he is hiding something. I want to ask him what it was, but I feel it's not the right time. "Should we go?" He asks as he finishes his ice cream. I give him a nod and stand up. 

We spend the next hour roaming the streets, watching all the excitement. All of a sudden I feel his hand move over to mine and slowly he intertwines his fingers with mine. I feel my stomach flip but I try and act casual. I think I'm in love with him, and trust me, I don't say that a lot.