Love is in the air

That night they once again they leave the house so I can get some rest, unlike last night I don’t want to be left alone, I don’t want to be an outsider in their group, that is if I am in their group. I decide that I am going to be awake when they come back, they go out because they don't need to sleep, and at the pace that I'm picking things up, I don't think I need to sleep either. "See you tomorrow." Says Amberly as she slams the door behind her. I get up off the bed and walk over to where Hunter had been sitting reading. He doesn't have a backpack or anything to carry things around, so the book he was hiding from me today must be around here somewhere. I search under the table and close by but don't find anything; I look through all the shelves closest to the table but don't find anything because I don't know what to look for. I begin to think about everything he has been telling me about, love, dreaming, and life? Which basically narrows it down to everything.

After searching some more I decide to sit down. I begin to yawn but convince myself I'm not tired. "It's just a dream," I tell myself, "I am not tired." I feel like I am back at home telling myself to stay awake so I can study for tests. I sit in silence for a while just to think about everything, and I wonder why it is that there is only Hunter, Mason and Amberly. Mason has said he has been doing this for so long, but there are only three of them, and If everybody gets to where they want to be, then how come they don’t go as well? I'm sure they don’t get paid to do this. After a while I give up trying to figure it out, and instead think about everything I will be leaving behind. My Mum is the first thing that comes to mind, and then my school, and those couple of hot guys that I used to pass in the school locker rooms. Apart from them I've never been in 'love' with anyone. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever felt head over heels with anyone. Then I think of someone, and I feel butterflies in my stomach. Hunter. I don't know why I would like him, apart from his gorgeous face and intelligence. I mean he hardly even talks to me, and he tries to hide things from me, and I also think that he has dated Amberly which would totally wreck any chances of having Amberly as a friend.

I feel my eyes begin to feel heavy, and all I want to do is sleep. I slap my face a few times to try and wake up but it doesn't work. I pace around the room for what seems to be forever and I dunk my face in water as well. I run up the stairs and pull the door open to get some fresh air when I see the bright sun rising in the ally way. I run back inside and try and make it look as if I have just been up all night with no struggle. I want them to believe I can do this. Before I know it the three of them are back. "Your up early," says hunter as he take a seat on one of the beds. "I haven't been asleep." I say as I try and walk casually over to the opposite bed. "Aren't you tired?" he says as he inspects my face for bags under my eyes. "No," I say as I cross my legs, "It's all a dream, remember?" I say as Amberly comes to join us. "Is this your phone?" She pulls a pink sparkly phone out of her back pocket. My eyes widen as I see it’s mine. Then I begin to wonder if my mum has tried contacting me. "Oh yeah that is mine, I must have left it lying around somewhere," I reach my hand out to take it from her but she pulls the phone back. "Sorry but this is no longer your phone, you’re with us now, so we don’t want you having contact with this world. I mean, what if your mum has tried to contact you? Would you really want to here from her?" I slide back into my seat, I guess she's right, but I would like to know if my mum has rung me. "Why don't I just listen to them while your here? Then you can help me try and understand that she's not real?" Amberly looks over at Hunter for an answer, he looks back at her and shrugs his shoulders. "Why not? I guess it would be good training to." Amberly passes me the phone so I can put the password in, I put it in and check for voice mails, I'm surprised when I see that there are two unread voice mails.

I pass the phone to Hunter so he can click play, and the first message begins to play. I hear sobbing through the phone and my stomach clenches, the same way it did when I was falling. "Brooke? It's mum here, please come home Brooke I'm begging you, we'll leave this place we can get away, we'll do whatever you want and we will leave Mark behind." The message goes on and I feel a tear fall down my cheek, I wish I could believe her, but I know its all lies. Amberly comes and sits next to me as she puts her arm around me. I can't help but see that Hunter was also about to get up and sit next to me... The message ends with my mother once again crying into the phone. "It's ok," Says Amberly as she unwraps her arm from me, "You know now that it's a dream and in this case a nightmare. You don't have to help her because no matter what you do it will never help her." I nod my head as I wipe my eyes. "What about the other message?" I say as soon as I can speak without beginning to cry, Hunter nods his head in agreement and begins with the other message. "Hi Brooke, its Mark," That’s all I hear before Hunter quickly stops the message. As soon as I heard his slurred words and voice I knew it was him, and something had happened. "I don't think we should keep listening," Say's hunter as he gets up with the phone still in his hand. He jumps up the stairs (literally) and runs outside. I chase after him, as I'm not entirely sure where he thinks his going with my phone.

When I finally get outside, I see his is on top of the stairs where Amberly and I had stood yesterday. He turns around when he hears the door slam and yells out to me "Stay there for a moment!" I wait for a minuet or so until I see him turn around lean out over the edge "Hey! Don't drop it!" I say as I race up the stairs. I get there just in time to see him drop it over the edge. I see him turn his attention to me as I put my arms up in the air with a confused look on my face? "What the hell? Why did you do that?" I stand right in front of him as he shakes his head at me. "I'm just trying to protect you," He says as he walks in a bit closer, "trust me you don't want to know what that was about." I look up into his eyes with concern, did he mean something had happened to my mum. I don't question him because I think that if he told me what it was about then I would most likely vomit.

We are silent for a moment until I see Hunter lock eye contact with me; he steps in closer once again. "Are you sure you want to leave this world?" He asks me just like yesterday. I feel him slowly grip my hands with his. "Well it depends," I say as my heart races all through my body, "Why would you want me to stay here?" I feel my stomach flip over and over again as he comes in closer and puts his head up against mine. Hunter wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me in closer. I put my arms around his neck, I have only known him for a few days and yet I feel like I am about to kiss him. He turns his head to the side and leans in for a kiss when I hear the heavy door slam once again. I quickly step back and turn my attention to the door, Mason is standing there but doesn't seem to know about what was just about to happen. "Brooke you should probably keep practicing, you guys might want to come inside." He turns around once again and heads for the door. I hear Hunter mumble under his breath "Thanks for the heads up." I look back at him as he tries to resume where we just were. I pull back once again. "Uh we should probably go inside, Masons right I should probably practice." He nods his head and gives me a smile. "Right, you probably should." We head back inside and pretend like nothing happened. I can't help but feel guilty for turning him down. I feel like I am such an idiot for being a coward like that, but I have only known him for three days. For some reason, I feel like this is only the beginning of Hunter and me.