The Ball Awaits

~Early Morning~

Sojiro: "I-...I'm gonna be honest kid...I'm speechless..."

Morgana: "As expected from our incredible leader! You took what the chief gave you and added your own spin to it. It's practically perfect!"

You: "Think it'll work?"

Sojiro: "Work? Kid...if she aint head over heels for you already, she will be after all that. I'm impressed"

Sojiro handed you back your phone, a smile on his face as he had seen what you had planned for White Day today. Taking it back, you continued to eat away your breakfast, Sojiro having served up something besides curry for once.

You: "Guess some of that charm of yours has rubbed off on me like you said"

Sojiro: "Not this time. All that...that's all you kid. Good job"

Morgana: "You really put a lotta thought into it, and it definitely shows"

The sincerity in Sojiro and Morgana's words were plain as day, quickly making you smile as you were now even more excited for what was to come after school.

You: "Thanks again for recommending I try that dinner place. Kinda needed that reservation or I was screwed"

Sojiro: "Just remember to book in advance for next time"

You: "You mind telling me how you got connections like that though? As soon as I mentioned your name, the guy on the phone sounded pretty nervous"

Morgana: "Oh! What if the chief is ex-yakuza?! Or a retired celebrity cook?!"

Sojiro: "Jeez, the lil guy got loud fast. What's he going on about?"

You: "Trying to guess that secret of yours"

Sojiro: "Heh...maybe some day I'll tell ya...maybe if you end up tying the knot with that girl"

Morgana: "Seriously?! F/n...you gotta get married!"

You: "I'm not gonna base that decision off your own curiosity!"

Sojiro: "Hey! Less yapping, more eating! I gotta open up soon...and you got classes"

Futaba: "Wassup!"

The doorbell rang out as Futaba walked in, carrying a small parcel in her hands. You quickly stood up and approached her, taking it from the young hacker.

Futaba: "I had a look at it before Mina-senpai packed it up. It honestly looks amazing"

You: "I'll take your word for it"

Futaba: "Hehe. I gotta get going for now though"

You: "So soon?"

Futaba: "Got work to do. Inari sent me the stuff for that...other thing...and I'm excited to get to work. Have an awesome day 'kay?"

Futaba leapt up and gave you a big hug, with you embracing her back with a smile. After that, she left the store, heading back home to continue what she was working on. You were left with the package in hand, tempted to see it now...but also wanting to wait until Sumire was wearing it.