Making Things Official

~Morning~

Almost as soon as you woke up, you pulled out your phone sending Kasumi a text message. The whole night, you thought about the kiss she had given you, feeling blessed that your relationship had finally taken another step. Instead of responding to your texts, Kasumi called you up, with you answering instantly.

You: "Hey, sorry if I woke you"

Kasumi: "N-no...its okay. I usually get up pretty early. Training and all that...h-heh..."

You: "So...last night..."

Kasumi: "Yeah..."

You: "Wanna...talk about it?"

Kasumi: "Mhm...but...I have practice this morning. I'm free this afternoon though...is that okay?"

You: "Y-yeah...you know...Akechi took me to a pretty cool place up in Shinagawa. We could meet up there?"

Kasumi: "Sure, it's a date. I mean!...n-not like, you know...a date, date. I-I mean...like an appointment!"

You couldn't help but laugh at Kasumi's nervous behavior, her shyness still prominent even in her glitchy voice. Neither of you was really sure where things sat between you two now, and with Phantom Thief business on your mind too, your brain was a mess. You knew that despite how important it was, you wouldn't be able to get anything done until you talked with Kasumi, much less a Palace infiltration.

You: "Good luck in practice. I'll send you the address in a sec"

Kasumi: "Thank you...see you this afternoon"

You hung up the call with a smile on your face, already thinking about what to do and wear this afternoon.

Morgana: "I actually forgot to ask, what happened with you two last night? I wanted to give you some space so I stayed home after you went out"

You: "We uh...went batting"

Morgana: "Huh? That's it? You came home with a big grin on like something great had happened"

You: "Well...she kissed me too"

You could visually see Morgana do a double-take as he processed your words, giving you a shocked expression.

Morgana: "WHAAAT?!"

Sojiro: "Hey! Quiet that cat down! Customers might come in soon!"

You: "Sorry boss!"

You yelled your apology down the stairs to Sojiro, picking out your clothes for the afternoon and putting them to one side on your couch.

Morgana: "I'm seriously happy for you F/n!"

You: "Heh, thanks..."

Morgana: "It's about time if you ask me. Watching you two lovebirds act all shy around each other was driving me crazy"

You: "Do you think you could keep yourself busy this afternoon? I was gonna go to the aquarium with her and figure things out"

Morgana: "Say no more!"

You: "Thanks, I mean it"

Morgana: "You better tell me how things go though, I wanna hear all about how our fearless leader Joker stole another heart!"