A Long Overdue Meeting

~Evening~

Morgana: "Okay! You got this!"

You: "I got this?"

Sojiro: "You got this"

You: "I got this!"

You definitely didn't feel like you 'got this', already getting nervous as what was to come.

Sojiro: "What are ya getting so worked up over? You're just meeting her pops"

You: "If someone was dating Futaba, how would you react when you finally met them?"

Sojiro: "...guess I see your point"

Today was the day you would finally meet Kasumi's father, having planned to enjoy an evening with him and Kasumi in Kichijoji. After finishing up school you had headed back to Leblanc, roping Sojiro into giving you a pep talk.

You: "Okay F/n...just relax...we're only hanging out...no biggie..."

Sojiro: "What ya thinkin' of doing out in Kichijoji anyways?"

You: "Akechi showed me this pretty cool jazz club. Was thinking of heading there and enjoying some drinks and music...is that...a good idea?"

Sojiro: "Sounds fine to me- wait...Akechi? Like, THAT Akechi? I didn't realize you were so buddy buddy with him"

You: "I guess he finds me interesting to talk to, plus he knows a lot of cool hang out spots so..."

Morgana: "You sure you don't want me tagging along as your wingman?"

You: "I'm sure. If I'm gonna do this, I gotta do it alone"

Sojiro: "Listen kid I know you're nervous but don't go crazy and start talking to the cat alright?"

Your conversation was interrupted as you felt your phone rumble, getting a text from Kasumi to signal they were on their way. Grabbing your bag, you turned back to Sojiro once more.

You: "Okay...how do I look?"

Sojiro: "Like a nervous high schooler"

You: "You know, just once you could try to give me a confidence boost"

Sojiro: "Heh, you're gonna be fine kid. Just be yourself"

Sojiro gave you a friendly pat on the back as you both headed downstairs, giving you a wave goodbye as you exited the café and headed for the station. After a few connecting trains, you stepped out into the familiar streets of Kichijoji. Kasumi had organized for her and her Dad to meet you near the information booth, but after some looking around it seems you had arrived a bit early. The waiting definitely wasn't helping with your nerves, with you pacing around the info booth, the woman behind it looking at you confused. After what felt like an eternity of waiting, you finally spotting Kasumi's red hair in the crowds, waving to her as she began to walk towards you with her Dad.

Kasumi: "F/n! Hope we didn't make you wait too long"

You: "N-nah! I just got here basically"

With a quick hug out of the way, Kasumi stepped to the side to show her father, the dark-haired man wearing a pair of red glasses you had helped pick out with Kasumi. As you walked up to him nervously, he held out his hand for you to shake, a big smile on his face.