Aftermath

~Evening~

Futaba: "And you just up and kissed her in front of everyone?! I thought Ryuji was exaggerating!"

You: "Just felt right to"

Futaba: "Aren't we supposed to be keeping a low profile right now? Talk about an all out attack...you don't mess around do you?"

You laughed lightly at Futaba's shocked expression. On the way back from the post festival party, the young hacker had met up with you. Unsurprisingly she quickly began bombarding you with questions about what had happened with you and Kasumi, causing quite the scene on the train ride back to Leblanc.

You: "You have fun today?"

Futaba: "Yup! Seeing that stupid Akechi burn his mouth off with that takoyaki was priceless, and walking around Shujin was a nice change of pace"

You: "I'm honestly pretty proud of you. There were a lotta crowds there but you did alright"

You lightly patted Futaba's head as you stopped outside Leblanc together, the young girl looking happy as she had gotten used to your headpats, smiling back at you. The two of you then stepped inside in high spirits, spotting Sojiro sitting at the counter looking at something.

Futaba: "We're home! Wait til you here what F/n did today!"

You: "Hey! You can't just up and tell him!"

Despite your yelling, Sojiro didn't look up at you, confusing you and Futaba at his lack of a reaction.

Futaba: "Sojiro?"

Sojiro: "I was cleaning up today...and found this"

Sojiro finally raised up the object he was looking at, showing you the calling card you had sent to Futaba all those months ago.

Sojiro: "This is a calling card right? I've read about it online too"

Futaba: "Y-You went into my room without my permission?"

Sojiro: "I'll apologize as much as you want later. So...what is this?"

Futaba: "That's..."

You looked over to Futaba, clearly seeing the girl was having trouble thinking of an explanation.

Sojiro: "Is it something to get flustered over? I knew it...this isn't just some 'game' you're playing"

You: "Look I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation. Why don't we sit down and-"

Sojiro: "Did I say I wanted to talk to you?"

The directness of Sojiro's response took you off guard, the boss' face looking cold as he stared at you.

Sojiro: "This doesn't involve you. Leave. Futaba, explain"

Futaba: "Explain..."

Sojiro: "Can't tell me?"

Futaba: "Ex...plain..."

Futaba's mental state was deteriorating at a rapid rate, the young girl not used to dealing with such confrontation.

You: "Sojiro, you're scaring her"