Side by Side

~Evening~

You: "You doing okay now?"

Sumire continued to walk hand in hand with you through the quiet streets, the two of you having returned from the Metaverse once she finally calmed down from what had happened. Neither of you really wanted the night to end, opting to take a quick ride over to the Odaiba Seaside Park to see the gorgeous nightime views of the bridge and ocean. As you continued your stroll, Sumire gripped your hand tightly, most likely still emotional despite no longer crying.

Sumire: "Y-Yes...I'll be alright"

You: "You were crying a lot, was worried you were gonna flood the Metaverse"

Sumire: "Oh quiet you! It's only natural I was emotional. It was just...a lot. I had been hoping for all this for so long...but I never thought it'd actually happen. I mean, you're so amazing senpai...you could probably have any girl you wanted...and yet you chose me?"

You: "You're kind, gorgeous, talented, and just the right amount of shy to make you so much fun to bully..."

You turned to face her, gently cupping her chin as you locked eyes on one another.

You: "...how could I not choose you?..."

Sumire: "I-I...um...well...that's-"

Sumire stammered out a few more half words before quickly shut herself up, pulling you into a kiss and surprising you slightly from seeing her take such direct action. You held her close as you kissed her back, the cold night air of Tokyo slowly drifting away as you were lost in the warmth of one another. The kiss was over almost as soon as it began, a small twinkle visible in Sumire's eyes as she opened them slowly to see you. She giggled slightly as soon as she saw you.

Sumire: "Your lips are all cracked from the cold"

You: "Hey, I'm just an innocent bystander, you're the one who stole a kiss. And they call me a thief"

You gave her a smirk, Sumire letting out a small squeak as she hid her face away in your shirt.

You: "See? Just the right amount of shy"

Sumire: "H-Hush!"

You gently laughed with her as she hid away, slowly uncovering herself to give you a sincere smile as you continued walking.

Sumire: "I don't think I've ever seen this part of Odaiba. It's so pretty..."

You: "I went here once with Ann when she was having a photo shoot, but I've never seen it at night like this. Shame the ferris wheel was closed"

Sumire: "Well...how bout we come here after we finish stopping Dr. Maruki? We'd be in the area already so it'd be the perfect way for us to celebrate"

You: "Heh, good luck prying me away from the others. They'll probably be already planning the celebration party at Leblance halfway through the infiltration"

Sumire: "I can be very persuasive when I need to be senpai"

Your chat was interrupted by the sound of Sumire's stomach letting out a large rumble, the first year giving you a nervous smile.