1 ~ Getting in

Chapter one ~ Getting in

~ Mina's point of view ~

I went out of my room to go to my walk-in-closet which laid in the room which we were supposed to share. However, since we both found it more comfortable to sleep separately, the shared room remained untouched.

"Salamoaleykom Mina, did ya sleep well?" He suddenly appeared behind me and dragged me into a back hug.

"Waaleykom Alsalam Dawod, don't tell me you missed me that much over the night? What will you do when we are at school where no one knows about our relationship and we have to hide it?" I giggled through my scolding and pushed him away to turn around and look half seriously into his eyes. He played along and looked quite shocked with widened eyes which he directed nervously down on his nervously fidgety hands.

"Oh don't even mention it, I have no courage or strength to be able to get through such a day!" He suddenly looked up with a determined look on his face "No this won't do, I will have to kiss you to be able to get through this hardship. How will I be able to watch you all day without touching you? I gotta have a memory which I can get lost in so I won't attack you when I loose control!"

He put his arm around my waist so that I could dramatically fall backwards like in movies to wait for him to come closer with pouting lips and eyes full of joy. We looked each other deep in the eyes and burst finally into laugher. Hitting each other lightly to mark how funny it was.

After a good minute of laughter I smiled at our everyday play and went to my side of the closet, seeing from the corner of my eyes that Dawod did the same, to pick an outfit for the day.

After changing in our separate rooms, eating breakfast and brushing our teeth we went with five minutes in between to the bus stop. He always let me be the first to leave since he had something against waiting for the bus.

We had decided that we would not ever talk with each other in school if it didn't have to do with mandatory school related cooperation. Our act of being strangers started as fast as we left the apartment building until we were back in it again. He was the one who suggested it and I know that it was for my sake. As soon as I had agreed to the marriage and talked to him about remaining as close friends instead of becoming partners, he had stiffened up about concealing our truth to the outer world. That was mainly to protect my reputation which the decision was connected to.

~•~•~

"And so class is over, but don't forget to send me your assignments through e-mail before sunday!" My biology teacher purred, obviously excited for the weekend.

"You seem excited for the upcoming weekend, are you that happy to get rid of us for two days or do you have a date to look forward to?" Ahmed, Dawods best friend, asked jokingly.

I started laughing and heard everyone following along. It was great to end the weekend with such humor and start it with expectations over again after the weekend.

Everyone flooded out of the room and went to their lockers to get their belongings and return home or go to a round in the gym. I went with my arms crossed with my friend Salwa's to our lockers which were placed right beside each other on the top row of three columns.

"Excuse me" I heard a dark male voice next to me saying.

I thought that he wanted to get to his locker which probably was the one underneath mine so I mumbled "I am done soon please wait just a little bit more" I was about to zip my backpack and wear it when someone suddenly pulled me from my arm which I held my bag with, making everything fall out of the wide open pocket.

I looked up in irritation trying to calm myself down, since prophet Mohammad (pbuh) ordered us to never get angry since we can loose control, and the sight that I was exposed to shocked me to an extreme extent.

"Couldn't you have turned around the first time I called for you?"

~•~•~