Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Parker's POV

"Are you sure?" Rosalie asked uncertain. "This is one of my least favorites from the list. It's a bit ...small for my likings."

I spotted Eleanor narrowing her eyes. "Well it's a good thing you're not the one buying a house, hmm?" Rosalie was taken aback, and I muffled in my laughter. Man, I never knew my wife was a little spunky. Speaking of her, she turned her head to me. "Parker, it's okay if you don't agree with me. We can look at some more properties tomorrow."

I walked slowly beside her and wrapped my arm around her slim waist. "Rosalie, I believe we have some papers to sign."

Eleanor turned to me with the biggest grin she'd given me in the past two days of our marriage. "Thank you." She disentangled my arm from her and walked away to her kids who were now outside gazing at the crystal blue water of the pool.

"Parker, are you sure this is it?" Rosalie asked crinkling her nose around the place. "Your wife seems to have a bad taste in houses. Where did you ever find a woman like her?"

"I trust my wife," I defended Eleanor. "Make sure the furniture comes with the place. We're moving in today."

She nodded and stepped closer to me with a flirtatious smile on her face. "Would you like to come to my office to sign the papers?" Rosalie was one of my good female friends during college. She's always had feelings for me to which I had never returned. 

"Just send them to my personal assistant," I told her briskly and dismissed her.

I left her in the living room and went out the backyard. I caught the last few parts Eleanor was telling to Luke and Peyton. 

"Boys, do you like this house?" She asked bending her knees to be leveled with him. 

"Yes Momma!" Luke exclaimed. "I like the pool. Remember when you and I go to the pool? You fall into the waters." He giggled imitating his mother.

"Yes, I do remember when I fell into the water," she corrected with a smile. "Peyton, what about you sweetheart?"

"Yes," he quipped with a nod of his head and opened his arms to be picked up. 

"Well boys, welcome to your new home," I interrupted them and walked to the three. Instantly, Luke and Peyton went still and quiet. Hmm, I guessed they weren't fond of me yet. 

"It's already bought?" Eleanor asked surprised. "That was fast."

I nodded and explained walking around her to the pool. It was, indeed, a big-sized pool. There was a waterfall and a ledge down under made for sitting. The adjoining hot tub was going to be my favorite part. "I already had Rosalie go and send the papers to my assistant. After I signed it, this is officially ours. Furnitures come with so we can stay here."

"Wow, I never knew the process was that fast."

"It is when you're dealing with a Jenkins," I boasted which earned a roll of my wife's eyes. "Feel free to redecorate anything you want. New furniture, additions to the backyards, a playground for the boys and of course toys."

"I want toys," Luke piped up his eyes brightening at the word 'toys.'

"Luke," Eleanor reprimanded her son which quieted him. "What about our clothes? We don't have any at all."

"I'll have someone delivering appropriate clothes for you and your kids."

"We're not going back to the hotel?"