Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Eleanor's POV

My hard dedication to job hunting still hasn't paid off. I was exactly two months jobless with the exception to the one I so fortunately have at Starbucks. I was already using my emergency savings in the bank for my sons and I. I was quickly running low on cash. The salary I received at Starbucks barely covered the clothes I bought for the boys. They were growing and needed new clothes, or I should say second hand clothing from good will.

In those two months, I had also been surprised to see much of Parker. He's been getting his regular drink at the Starbucks I work at of all places. We had chatted all those times he came whenever I was working. I'd come to know him well. He was only a year older than me, well from the age he told me. Parker turned out to be a kind-hearted person unlike the first time I saw him. He had a wonderful sense of humor that made him seem less uptight from the suits or polos he usually wore. I never saw him in any casual clothing now that I thought about it.

Any girl would be a fool if they didn't notice how handsome he also was. His blonde hair with strands of brown was always in a stylishly messy hairdo. It suited him. The green eyes I noticed the first time I saw him were actually brown. The sunlight only hit the green specks in them giving my point of view thinking he had green eyes. They were beautiful. 

Of course I stuck to my rule of never falling in love ever again, but that didn't mean I couldn't have my share of fun. It's been years ever since Riley that I'd experienced dating. After a month of getting to know Parker, he asked me out on a date. I didn't do kiss on a first date, but we did share our first kiss on our second date. After that, dates have been planned for every night we were both available. 

It felt relaxing to date again and put myself out in the field. After Riley, I was an emotional wreck and couldn't hold a relationship. With Parker, everything was so easy. He didn't complicate things. We both knew what we wanted, and it was just a light relationship. We never officialized our relationship, but that was what's so good about it. There was no pressure. 

I was actually getting out of the bus to a club that Parker wanted to meet me at this Saturday night. The place was hard to miss. There was an ever-ending line wrapped around one side of the building. I could also feel the vibrations of the pounding music through the brick walls. I quickly got to the end of the line peeking over the heads of people to see how long it would take for me to be able to get in. 

I haven't been to a dancing club in almost four years! I used to go to them with Riley all the time, but when I got pregnant with Luke I stopped going having better priorities set in my head. I sighed tapping my foot impatiently against the cement floor. I sent a text to Parker that I probably wouldn't be able to get in for at least thirty more minutes. I couldn't do anything but wait in line inching very slowly to the front.

"Boo," I jumped up startled at feeling warm breathing fanning over the bare skin between my neck and shoulder. I heard an all-too familiar chuckle behind me and turned around to see the handsome face of Parker. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to his heated body shielding me from the cool, airy night. "You're looking sexy tonight, ma cheríe." He whispered seductively into my ear.

I sighed softly at hearing his sexy deep voice. "Hi." I greeted kissing the cloth covering his chest. "Did you get my text message?"

I turned my head up to meet his intense gaze looking at mine. My eyes trailed over the features on his face. He had such defined jawline like his abs. I hadn't seen them myself, but my hands were trapped between our bodies and was placed on top of stomach. I could feel every dip and lines of it just through his tightly-fit button down shirt. My eyes involuntarily dropped down to his glorious full lips. Lips I had kissed many times during the short period we've been dating.