Chapter Twenty-Eight

Eleanor's POV 

"Heidi?" I asked surprised at seeing her at the front door of my place. "Uh come in?" I turned around after closing and locking the door gently behind me. "What's with the surprise visit?" 

Let's be honest. Heidi and I weren't too fond of each other to be visiting each other's houses.

"I couldn't wait for tonight," she replied after she was done looking around our foyer where our tree was still up. I was too lazy to begin and put the decor away. "I need to see Parker. Now."

"Tonight?" I asked dumbfounded. "You were suppose to see Parker tonight?"

A slow smile plastered over her face. "Why yes. We had a date planned and all." After seeing my look, she added. "Oh you know what kind of date I mean. Please, I'm not that shallow to go after married men."

"Could have fooled me," I mumbled incoherently under my breath. That didn't linger in my mind for long. What did, however, was the fact that Parker was planning on having dinner with Heidi and kept it from me. What was going on? Maybe Heidi was really a lunatic. Maybe she was just making up some story. She was most likely delusional. "He didn't tell me anything about seeing you tonight."

"I could see why," she looked me up and down. "You're quite the clingy wife aren't you?"

I narrowed my eyes and sent her a scathing look. Being polite was the least of my worries right now. I tried being nice to her, but something about her just didn't help my cause. "You better watch what you're saying in my home. I would very much like to be respected while you are on my territory."

"Not only clingy, but aggressive as well," Heidi commented to herself. Then turning serious and looking me in the eye, she added, "I'm here to see and speak with Parker. I don't have to tell you anything on why I'm here."

"I'm his wife," I stated confidently. "Whatever you say to Parker, you can say to me."

An amused look fell on her face. "Ah really? So please do tell me why he specifically ordered me to not tell you anything? I'm sure you wouldn't like what I had to say anyways."

What? Parker and Heidi were keeping secrets from me? What was going on? Suddenly I was overcome with uncertain feelings. Maybe... Maybe Parker was cheating on me. Maybe he betrayed me for- for this... This tramp. 

No. I shook my head to clear my head of those absurd thoughts. They were outright preposterous! Surely Parker had an explanation for this. 

"The reason for our dinner tonight was to actually talk about how we were going to break this news to you, together," the minx in front of me said airily. "I told Parker we should just stop beating around the bush and confess. But the sweet man he is didn't want to break your heart."

"No," I told her staying adamant on trusting Parker. "He wouldn't cheat on me. He loves me."

A sinister smile greeted me. "Who said anything about cheating?" I stared her down. I was in no state to comprehend anything that was being said. "Well now that you mentioned it... There was a time when-"

The next thing I knew, I found myself walking the short distance between us clamping my hands on her shoulders. "Get out. Get out of my house!" As nice as I was, I tried being gentle in her shoving her out the door due to her very rotund stomach. It wasn't the baby's fault it had Heidi for a mother.

"Ow!" Heidi exclaimed trying to push me off of her. "Let me go! God, Eleanor! Parker's right. You are one jealous wife. No wonder he wanted to keep this thing on the down low."