17.

As soon as her eyes fluttered close, I lost it. I tore up the whole room, before my beast took over me.

I woke up, and automatically knew where I was. I was in the house that Natalie and I stayed in for a few days. I didn't move, just closed my eyes. I couldn't get the picture of how Natalie looked out of mind. Not a single spot on her face wasn't purple or blue. Her eyes were so swollen that she could barely open her eyes. Her nose was broken. Her lips were split and bleeding. She was covered in blood. Her golden hair wasn't even its normal color anymore. It had looked brown and matted from all the blood.

If It wasn't for my beast, then I probably wouldn't even of recognized her. Because she wore jeans and a long sleeve shirt, I couldn't see the damage done to her body. I knew it would be just as bad though. Consdering all the blood in the room was hers, she was lucky she lasted as long as she did.

Stupid human should of just giving me up! That man was no match for me. I thought about everything. She said she loved me. She's delusional. She can't love me. She said I wasn't evil. It must of been the blood loss. I always knew something was wrong with her.

She barely knew me. She couldn't possibly feel anything. I had missed her though. Even if it had only been a day, I had grown incredibly lonely. I couldn't believe I actually missed her laughing, even if it hurt my ears.

I felt darker when she wasn't around to lighten the mood. I felt like more of a fucking monster. She kept me at bay and seemed to equal me out. I was the complete opposite of her. I was always angry and hateful, while she was always nice and cheerful.

I had never cried before in my life. Seeing her that way, did it for me. My emotions broke through. I never knew what it felt like to have water come out of your eyes. I hated it. It fucking sucked. It drained the life out of you and made you feel tired. Plus it made you face feel sticky and dry.

Damn it. I felt the tears come to my eyes. She was gone. I felt a pain in my chest and didn't understand it. I never felt pain before. That was for the humans. I realized it was my heart. It felt like it was actually breaking. Was that even possible?

I felt movement on the bed and froze. What the fuck? I looked to my right and realized I wasn't alone. I had been too caught up in my thoughts to listen for anything. Now that I was staring at her, I could hear her breathing. It wasn't labored anymore.

I sat up slowly not wanting wake her, and my eyes almost bugged out their sockets. Her nose wasn't broken anymore, and all of the swelling had gone down. She was just very heavily bruise, and still covered in blood. How is that possible? I don't understand. She died. I heard her heart stop. "What the fuck is going on?" I asked out loud.

I paused when she shifted a little and groaned from the pain, but stayed asleep. She was alive. ALIVE! I felt the first real smile ever, take over my face. At that moment, I didn't care how it happened. I was just glad she was back with me safe and alive!

I made my way to the bathroom, and wet a rag. Sitting on the edge of the bed, I moved her hair out of her face. She was still beautiful with all the bruises on her. I tried to be as careful as I could as I dadded the wet rag on her face, wiping away the traces of blood.

I froze again when her eyes fluttered open.

"Hi." I smiled at her, happy to know she's okay.

Her eyes widened and she gasped.

"Y...y.you sm..smiled! " she stuttered out.

"You're alive." I whispered.

She smiled, and tried to sit up but groaned in pain. I laid a hand on her shoulder pushing her back down on the bed.

"Let me see?" I asked, putting my hands at the bottom of her shirt. She nodded lightly, then sucked in a deep breath. I lifted her shirt until her whole stomach was on view and growled. I felt my eyes flash, but stayed in control.

From what I could see nothing was broke but everything was black and blue. She was severely bruised and cut up. I took the rag and gently cleaned the area.

One I was done I looked up to find Natalie staring at her stomach with a confused expression.

"My ribs" she started. "I know for a fact at least three of them were broken."

I nodded understanding. "I don't know what happened. Your nose was broken also, but now it's not. My beast took over after you told me you were sorry. I woke up here beside you."

"That makes sense." She muttered to herself.

"What does?"

She snapped her head up and looked at me. "My arm. It was broken when I got in that wreck. I knew it was. The man grabbed me so hard, I not only felt but heard it snap. I thought I was crazy when I woke up and it was only bruised."

She thought for a moment, scrunching her eyebrows and wiggling her nose. In the beginning I thought she looked like a damn mouse, but now, I found it quite cute.

What was she doing to me?

"Your beast." She stated confidently.

"Huh?"

"Your beast! He did something. Both times he took control I had broken bones, and when I woke up, they were no longer broken."

I thought about it, and that was the only thing that made sense. I nodded, and then continued to wipe the blood away from her.

"Austin." She whispered in her sweet voice, making me bring my eyes to meet hers.

"Yeah?"

"I hope you know. I meant everything I said." She smiled, then closed her eyes again.

I grinned to myself, starting to like the idea of someone actually caring for me.