6.

I couldn't move. I was paralyzed with fear. Heights. Flying. Terrified. Austin had already tried to pry me off, but I just couldn't let go. I got a little startled when I heard a hiss and felt muscles bulge under my hands. I just held on tighter. I could not let go! I was trembling. I knew his beast had taken control. It was noticeable. I felt him grow taller. I just shut my eyes tighter, letting a few more tears escape. Austin had already let go of me, but I was wrapped around him like a freaking baby.

I almost jumped when I felt rough, large hands rub my back soothingly. I had to say, it was weird how different these creatures were. But yet, they were the same. His hands didn't stop rubbing circles, as I realized his wings had also wrapped themselves around me. I could feel the softest of things against my shoulders, and parts of my arms. He was trying to calm me.

I felt myself start to relax as we entered the house, but I didn't have the power to let go yet. He walked a little bit further when I heard another door open. My head laid in the croock of his neck, with my chest plastered to his, and my legs wrapped around his lower abdomen. I knew it was a compromising position, but at the moment, I honestly didn't care. He had scared me to death by making me fly.

I felt him kneel, and a squeek come from what sounded like a bed. He gently set us down. I had relaxed enough to when he took one of his hands and wrapped it around my right leg, prying it from him, I complied. He then grabbed my right arm and brought it between our bodies, and laid us down. He didn't try to make me fully let go, just to where I would be comfortable. He kept his arms and wings securely around me. I was still trembling a little, and a few tears were trinkling down my face. I was happy I was hidden. I already knew Austin thought I was weak. I didn't need him hating me more. I didn't want him to kill me.

A light growl came from Austin, making me shiver a little. Maybe I was hurting him.

"You're uncomfortable." I stated. "You can move if you want. I don't want to hurt your arms or wings."

He simply wrapped me tighter against him and hissed. 'Guess not.' I thought to myself.

After about an hour I finally stopped crying and trembling. I raised up a little bit and looked at Austin's beast. He was still awake. His face emotionless. Not glaring, but not smiling. He watched me carefully though. I sat up, and smiled as he growled.

"That can't be comfortable for your wings." I said pointing to them. He kept on staring as he slightly sat up and fully retracted them. I felt oddly comfortable with him, and didn't mind laying beside him in the same bed. Now, Austin would be another story. But his beast, he cared. At least in some way. He soothed my worries away, and he still hadn't left after I fully calmed down.

I laid back down still facing him, and watched as he did to. We just laid there and stared into each others eyes. His gave nothing away. They were just pitch black, almost cold looking. He couldn't be that bad though, right?

He growled again surprising me.

"Why are you growling at me?" I asked.

He didn't answer, just stared.

"Can you not speak when you are in control?"

He lifted his lip in a sneer, giving me a full view of his fangs. I guess that's a no.

I nodded to myself. I scooted closer cuddling to his chest. He froze and hissed as I laid my head against his chest. His heart beat rapidly.

"Do you want me to move?" I asked a little bashful. He was just so warm and comfortable.

I heard a growl, and felt as he rolled to his back, and wrapped his arms around me. I was now snugled to his side with my ear against his chest. I smiled again and felt my eyes grow heavy.

"Goodnight." I whispered.

I didn't hear anything in return just the even beating of his heart. I drifted off quickly. Exhausted from all the crying. Right before I fell into deep sleep, I swore I heard a deep, husky, voice like silk say, "Sweet dreams, Natalie. "

'Me and my imagination.' Was the last thought that crossed my mind; falling asleep with a smile on my face.