4.

A growl echoed through the warehouse, making me freeze. I slowly turned to see eyes that were once beautiful, slowly turn black. It seemed like the man was having an internal battle, and losing. I just stared, not knowing if it was a good or bad thing.

Finally his eyes turned completely black. I saw his wings unravel, tearing the shirt he was wearing, and his fangs lengthen. I also noticed his nails on his fingers growing.

"What are you?" I whispered, still stunned.

The beast laughed. Shivers ran up my spine. I knew I should probably run, but... I couldn't. Why couldn't I move?

The beast just stood there glaring as I studied him. When his mouth was closed, his two fangs still hung over his bottom lip. Nothing else had changed on his beautifully sculpted face besides the color of his eyes. His muscles though.. they seemed to grow three sizes larger. His nails looked like they could rip through anything, by how sharp they were. But what amazed me most were his wings. They looked like leather almost. Maybe bat wings? They spread so far. I had to turn my head one side to the other to see the full length. Probably longer than 6 feet. Magnificent.

He watched me with keen eyes as I tentatively took a step forward, but he didn't move. I slowly walked until we were face to face. His expression didn't change once. His eyes were narrowed and his pink lips strained into a straight line. His eyes jumped to my arm as I raised it to touch him. He didn't miss a thing.

A light growl escaped when he saw me go for his wings, but he didn't move. I gasped as I lightly rubbed my finger tips along them. How is that possible? They looked of rubber or leather, but never have I felt something so soft. Softer then silk.

I heard a noise that sounded a lot like a purr as I ran my whole hand the wing. I smiled to myself. I went to walk to the full length around him, when he noticed and brought his wings almost all the way to his back. As I stood behind him, his wings flared back out.

"Impossible." I whispered in awe. In the middle of his back were too slits that ran along his spine. I barely touched them, and giggled as I felt him shiver. They were real. The site where they were attached was smooth. Like he was born with them. It didn't look like they were surgically placed.

I tapped his shoulder to let him know I was coming back around. I couldn't even speak. This was unreal. I pinched myself, making sure this was reality. It hurt. 'Shizniz' I thought to myself.

When I was facing him again, his face was emotionless. His black eyes staring into mine.

"How?" I whispered.

The beast growled before he fulled retracked his wings. His fangs and nails shortening once more. It was unbelievable to watch. His eyes shut tight, and when he opened them again, I knew he was gone.

Both a blue and green eye stared at me. "What hapened?" He snarled.

"Who are you?" I wanted to know. No. I needed to know. I felt something inside me pull with the need to know everything.

He hissed as me, not seeming very happy.

"My name is Austin Lake, if you must know."

I nodded and repeated the name in my head. 'Austin' it fit him.

"What are you?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I don't know. Whatever you want to call me. Monster. Beast. I really don't give damn." He gritted out. I grinned. Well if I know one thing for sure, it's that he doesn't like me.

"I'll just call you Austin then!" I giggled to myself when I saw his reaction. He looked very surprised!

"When can I go home?" I had a life. Job. Friends. A home.

He narrowed his eyes. "Never!" He seethed.

I took a quick step back but kept a grin on my face. I like his beast a lot more than him!

"Okay. I need things though." His eyes widened more.

"You just agree?"

"Well what more am I supposed to do? I guess I could use a little break!" He looked at me as if I was an alien. It was actually quit entertaining. Shouldn't I be the one looking at him that way?

I wasn't happy staying here, but I was intrigued. This man had done nothing to hurt me. I mean, he saved me! I understood him not risking the fact of his identity being out to the public. Plus, he was very right about Cole. He wouldn't let me live.

Speaking of that.. "What about Cole? He saw you."

A dark laugh escaped his perfect lips. "No one will believe a crazied man, freaking about how they saw a 'monster.' You on the other hand, seems more reliable."

That confused me. "Why me?"

"Well first off, you aren't freaked out. So you won't be talking like a person that belongs in a mental Institute. Plus we are moving places tonight. I have a second hide out that is actually a house an more suitable for a woman."

"Awe." I cooed. "You care!" I said with a huge smile.

His scowl deepened. "I will never care!"