Chapter VII

Jackie found themselves waking up beside Lucifer.  He had a firm grip on them, their bodies pressed against each other.  Jackie had betrayed their morals.
It started innocently enough.  Lucifer and Jackie were speaking very calmly.  It was harmless.  It was mostly about RAD and music.  It slowly delved into Jackie tempting him, gently, into talking about his siblings.  He openly spoke about Belphegor.

"Belphie," he said, looking almost distressed.  "I had to lock him in the attic to protect him.  He's not in the human world.  Diavolo would've killed Belphie for denying his wishes, or would've made me do it.  I couldn't hurt my brothers."

Jackie had listened. 

"Your sister, Jillian," Lucifer whispered, meeting Jackie's gaze.  Jackie wanted a sincere apology.  "I couldn't build an apology that reflected how I feel about what I did.  It was wrong.  I could've done a million things differently in that moment."

His hand touched Jackie's cheek.  They placed their hand on top of his.  They were grateful he always took his gloves off for them. 

"And had I killed you, I would've been lost," Lucifer whispered, leaning closer.  His forehead leaned against Jackie's.  Their gaze would break when either blinked, and no other time.  "Jillian didn't deserve to die."

His words clenched Jackie's heart.  It's what they wanted.  Him to admit what he did and that it was wrong. 
He had his reasons behind what he did, but he saw that it could've been handled differently.  Of course, the wound would never fully heal.  Jillian was all Jackie had.
His other hand held Jackie's other.  Jackie almost felt guilty, before firmly reminding themselves that they were innocent.  Lucifer had been in the wrong.

"No words could describe how badly what I did hurt you," Lucifer whispered.  His voice was so quiet, Jackie had to come closer.  "I can only hope Jillian's soul finds the Celestial Realm."

Lucifer's hair brushed Jackie's face as he readjusted himself.

"And I can only hope that you could forgive me."

Jackie saw a tear slip down his cheek.  Jackie wiped it away, smiling at him.

"I do forgive you," Jackie whispered.  "Thank you, Lucifer."

Lucifer gave a weak smile.  Another tear Jackie wiped away. 

"May I kiss you?"  He said in a voice, soft as butterflies.  Jackie, in that moment, betrayed their morals.
As soon as Jackie gave the word, Lucifer had full control over them and their body. 

      They heard Lucifer shift beside them.  Jackie looked up at him, Lucifer slowly waking up.  Only they got to see him so vulnerable.  He smiled at them, clumsily kissing their shoulder. 

"Good morning, Jackson," he mumbled, his voice huskier than usual, like it always was after he woke up.  His words were much more slurred.  He'd snap out of it in a few minutes, unfortunately.

"Good morning, Lucifer," they whispered back.  "How'd you sleep?"

"Much better," Lucifer said, moving to kiss their ear and cheek.  "Maybe it was because you were beside me again."

"Couldn't even last a few nights without me," Jackie mused, Lucifer finding their lips.

Although the touch was short-lived, Jackie accepted it.  What was once a game of pretend was suddenly serious again.  Jackie, although frustrated Lucifer had won them back so easily, was happy to be able to be with him again. 
      After breakfast, the brothers all messed around in doing whatever.  Having it be a weekend, the brothers minded their own business. 
Of course, Jackie was with Lucifer.  They were walking to a secluded spot to spend the day with Lucifer. 
Upon arriving, Jackie and Lucifer began relaxing.  The sound of the wind dancing through the trees as well as Lucifer's quiet breathing put Jackie's mind to ease.
They wondered if Lucifer felt the same way.
       Lucifer leaned against Jackson's back, listening to the wind brush against their bodies.  Jackie was much shorter than him, but was being rather quiet compared to usual.  Supposedly, it was because Jackson had nothing to talk about.  Lucifer figured Jackson just hadn't decided what to talk about, or didn't think he'd understand where the topics came from.

"Jackson," Lucifer finally said, looking over his shoulder at the human.  "Are you feeling alright?"

"With all due respect, Lucifer," Jackson said rather quickly.  "I'm not."

"You can talk to me," he pushed, gently, knowing forcing Jackson to talk would prompt anger and cause more harm than good.

"You wouldn't really understand," Jackson mumbled in response, Lucifer turning around to face their back.  He dragged them into a hug, smelling their hair.  "H- hey!  Lucifer!"

"Talk to me," Lucifer ordered, knowing Jackson would need to be handled differently than Lucifer's younger brothers.  Jackson was more defiant.  "I don't want to see you cry."

"I'm gonna cry regardless," Jackson said, leaning against Lucifer's chest.  "I'm not sure you could do anything about it anyway."

"You're just deflecting and filibustering, Jackson," he retorted, watching their face for some sort of reaction.

"Please, just call me "Jackie"," they said, looking up at him.  Their emerald green eyes shook Lucifer's melancholy heart.  "The other thing regards everyone else, so it's almost pointless to say anything."

"Jackso- Jackie," Lucifer corrected himself quickly, Jackson seeming to relax a bit.  "I have more power and influence than you seem to know.  If you have a complaint, I can speak to Lord Diavolo about it and see that changes are made."

"Everyone keeps getting my gender wrong," Jackson suddenly said.  Lucifer blinked.  "They keep using the wrong pronouns."

"Have you corrected them yourself?"  He asked, playing with some of Jackson's hair.  "You do have a pact with most of the ones we care about."

"I corrected you and Satan," Jackson said, Lucifer looking up at a fly that was flying too close to Jackson.  He smacked it away.  "I thought correcting you two would influence the other, but only Simeon seemed to catch on."

"Ah," Lucifer said in response, now thinking of how to actually respond.  Jackson was passionate about this, meaning they could respond in a negative way to what he said.  "Not even the witty sorcerer caught on?"

"I tried explaining it to Solomon," Jackson said quietly.  "He was confused, but he's doing his best.  I'm glad he was willing to try."

"So Satan, Simeon, Solomon and I understand," Lucifer mumbled to no one.  "The Chihuahua?"

"Simeon corrects him."

"Good, good," Lucifer said with a smile, nuzzling against Jackson.  "I could work on Diavolo and my brothers, so long as you assist me.  Our friends will catch onto the fact that it hurts your feelings and unlearn their current behavior."

"Thank you, Lucy," Jackson said, Lucifer feeling his heart flutter.  Who would've thought a human like Jackson would stir up these feelings inside of him?

      After another hour or so, one of the brothers interrupted them.  It was Mammon, and his face was a mixture of panic and excitement.

"What do you want?"  Lucifer demanded.

"It's Belphie," Mammon said, exasperated.  Lucifer looked at him in confusion.  Jackie snapped their head up.  "He's pissed and wants to talk to you!"

"I'm not sure how much talking is going to be done," Lucifer mumbled, standing and helping Jackie up.  Jackie could only pray for the best.