Chapter VI

Jackie stood before Diavolo and Barbatos, waiting for Lucifer to show.  He was running late, for the first time ever.  
When he finally did arrive, he looked incredibly annoyed.

"You're late," Jackie snapped, Lucifer surprised to hear their voice.

"I apologise," Lucifer said quietly.  He looked rather annoyed.  "Something was hindering me from getting here."

Barbatos chuckled quietly, moving to whisper to Jackie.

"It spread through RAD like wildfire when you two broke up," he said.  "Now a bunch of demons surround him when he's trying to get to places."

Diavolo overheard.

"Well, Lucifer, you should get yourself a lover," he laughed.  Lucifer narrowed his eyes.

"A lover?"  He repeated, he and Jackie briefly making eye contact.  Something sparked in his eyes.  "Or a pretend one, just for a while."

"A pretend lover?"  Diavolo echoed, looking at Barbatos and Jackie.  Lucifer came closer.  He wouldn't try anything with the two there.

"Yes," Lucifer confirmed, looking Jackie in the eyes.  "Jackson, would you mind pretending with me?"

Jackie felt their eyes widen.

"We just broke up!"

"Treat it as if they misheard," he said coolly.  "Jackson, the only ones we need to worry about are my brothers."

"We're really going to do this?"  Jackie asked, realizing he was very serious.  "We don't have to share a bed or kiss, do we?"

"Not unless you'd like to," Lucifer mused, looking at Diavolo.  It was as if he had won something.  Jackie had lost this battle.

      Jackie watched Lucifer closely.  He was struggling with the backgrounding on a piece in art class.  His face was attempting to remain blank.  Satan and Leviathan didn't appear to notice.  Then again, the younger two were sat behind them. 
Jackie stopped what they were doing, setting their brush down. 

"Lucifer," they whispered, getting his attention in an instant.  "Would you like some help?"

He hesitated, before moving closer to Jackie.  Jackie felt Levi and Satan's eyes on their backs. 
They walked Lucifer through the backgrounding, thankful he had started with it rather than the foreground.  The few things he had done were easy to fix, due to it being oil paint. 

"How kind of you," Lucifer whispered to Jackie.  Jackie peered nervously up at him.  "What of your painting?"

Jackie looked at it.  A scenery of a small, cartoonish pony gliding in a daze over waterfalls in front of a brilliant night sky.  Of course, they hadn't begun all the shading or even the pony, but the flat colors on the background were done. 
Actually, they were thinking about having the creature resting in the water rather than gliding over it, they just would need to be wary of the wet paint.

"I'm thinking of changing some things," Jackie said, softly.  "I'm not liking some of the perspectives."

Jackie grabbed their eraser, carefully beginning to erase the pony.  Downward strokes, in an attempt to keep eraser shavings out of the paint.  They set the eraser down, now thinking of raising the moon.  The lighting would hit this beautiful pony gently shifting in the water.  It's wings would help create even heavier shading.
Now, they needed to design the pony.  They wanted wings and a horn, but the rest of the design?  In all fairness, they had nothing.  Their mind was totally blank.  Lucifer would probably think it childish.  It would be a question better suited for Levi, but Jackie didn't want to risk too many demons overhearing. 
They lifted their thin canvas, turning around and facing Levi.  He looked up at Jackie, slightly confused.

"I need your help," Jackie whispered, able to detect both Lucifer and Satan were listening.  In fear Levi might get excited, they set their painting back on the table they shared with Lucifer and continued.  "I'm having trouble thinking of a design for the character, but it's the main focus of the painting."

"Oh," Levi whispered back, almost excitedly.  "You and Lucifer are dating again, aren't you?"

Jackie remembered that they had begun to pretend they were dating.  They had the brothers rather convinced.  Especially now that Jackie had pacts with all but Lucifer and the mysterious seventh brother.

"Yes," Jackie lied.  Lucifer seemed to shift uncomfortably.  "What about it?"

"Why don't you design the character based off of him?"

While it would've been an excellent idea in most cases, Jackie was drawing a pony.  A cutesy little pastel horse because it was easier to paint then trying to mix the correct colors for a fucking human. 
Lucifer slowly turned around, facing Levi.  He looked mildly annoyed.

"Leviathan," he said in a rumbling voice.  Satan continued to paint, biting his lip in anticipation.  "Such insulting ideas will not be tolerated."

"You don't wanna be pastel pony, Wucy?"  Jackie teased, Lucifer narrowing his eyes at them.

"I will not hesitate to-"

"Sorry to interrupt," a voice called.  Jackie snapped their head around, seeing Barbatos.  "Lucifer, Lord Diavolo asked me to bring this to you."

"Oh, thank you, Barbatos," Lucifer said calmly, taking the small present.  Jackie eyed it, before raising an eyebrow.  Lucifer, Jackie noted, was incredibly confused.  "Do tell him I said thank you."

Barbatos bowed, before leaving the room.  It was strange, really.  Lucifer exchanged looks with Jackie, their heart shivering. 
It pained them to truly be in love with Lucifer.  They wanted to be angry, to never forgive him for killing Jackie's beloved twin sister, but they couldn't.  While Jillian didn't deserve to die, she should've been punished.  She had broken the rules, but why was it so important to Lucifer to keep Belphegor a secret?  He had begged them not to say anything.  And begged met literally got down on his hands and knees and begged. 
      Lucifer didn't let Jackie see what the present was.  When he saw it, he had smiled, then tucked it into his bag.  Jackie's curiosity wasn't like Jillian's.  After all, Jackie feared breaking the rules.
        Leaving art class and heading to the cafeteria, Lucifer kept Jackie glued to his hip.  Jackie knew how envious all the other demons were.  Jackie got Lucifer, after all.
Something about the attention made Jackie love Lucifer even more.  Their appearance beside him made others angry, so Lucifer gave them even more attention.  The countless kisses, hugs, and "I love you"s were almost like ecstasy.
Jackie had to remind themselves that it was all pretend.