Chapter IV

"Where's your sister, Jackson?"

      Jackie looked up at Lucifer, wondering why they should care about wherever Jillian could be.

"I don't know, Lucifer," Jackie said, the bed shifting under them.  Lucifer wrapped his arms around Jackie, kissing them on the cheek.  "How are you feeling?"

"Wonderful, yourself?"

"I'm tired," Jackie said, allowing Lucifer to pull them back.  They laid against him, basking in his scent.  "You're gonna make me fall asleep."

"Are you against that?"  Lucifer whispered, his breath hitting their ear.  Jackie turned, now able to face their boyfriend.

"Not if you're singing me to sleep," Jackie said, Lucifer rolling his eyes.

"Absolutely not," he said.  Jackie pouted.  "Don't give me that look."

Before Jackie could give another reply, a knock on the door broke the two apart. 

"Yes?"

"Jack, I need to talk to you," Jillian called from the other side of the door.  "It's urgent!"

Jackie exchanged glances with Lucifer.  His eyes narrowed in annoyance, before standing.  Jackie leapt to their feet, rushing to the door.

"What's your damage?"  Jackie asked, not missing a beat.

"Let's talk in your room," Jillian said, looking frazzled.  Lucifer looked like he suspected something.

"You didn't go to the attic did you?"  He asked, only it seemed more like an accusation.

"No!  And I wasn't talking to you," Jillian said far too quickly.  "Jack, come on."

Jackie allowed Jillian to drag them back to their old room.  Jillian closed the door, locking it.

"What's going on?"

"Don't tell that psycho boyfriend of yours," Jillian whispered, rushing over to Jackie.  "But I went to the attic."

"What?"  Jackie hissed, praying Lucifer wasn't on the other side of the door.

"I met the seventh brother," Jillian said quickly.  "His name's Belphegor and he's Beel's twin brother."

Jackie remained silent, Jillian saying nothing further.  Her breathing was rapid and her hand shook.  Jackie took her hands, a heavy knock on the door shattering the silence.

"Jackson, Jillian," Lucifer said.  "Open the door."

"No," Jackie said, hugging Jillian.

"There's simply three rules, Jillian," Lucifer had said.  "Don't go to the attic, don't involve yourself in our affairs, and don't break the rules."

"What's in the attic?"  Jillian asked.  Lucifer glared at her.

"It's none of your business.  Jackson isn't allowed up there either."

"Jackson, I'm not stupid," Lucifer snapped, hitting the door.  "I know Jillian went to the attic."

"I warned you, Lucifer!"  Jackie screamed.  "I told you she wouldn't listen!  I fucking told you!"

"Do not make me break down this door, Jackson."

"Go away!"

Jillian clutched onto Jackie at the same time as the first hit against the door.  Jackie glanced around the room. 
The closet. 
The closet
They couldn't hide forever, but it'd slow Lucifer down.  Jackie tugged Jillian towards the closet door, Lucifer hitting the door a second time.  Shouting was coming from outside the door from more than just him.  Jackie pulled Jillian into the closet just as Lucifer hit the door a third time.