Chapter III

Jackie stood before the jury of empty chairs, the six brother filing in one at a time.  Diavolo, Barbatos, whom Jackie had met no more then mere minutes ago, and Lucifer were all there when they arrived. 
Actually no, Lucifer and Jackie arrived together.  Jackie was on thin ice with their lover at the moment, because within their first month of being in the Devildom, they formed pacts with Mammon, Leviathan, and Beelzebub.  Lucifer, being a stick in the mud, was not pleased.

"Jackson!  It's great to see you're still well," Diavolo said, the second oldest brother, Mammon, arriving surprisingly on time.  He was the last one, aside from the mysterious seventh brother, who was nowhere to be seen.  "I heard of your little incident with Luke and I'm more than pleased that you made it out of that scenario unharmed."

"As am I," Lucifer said, wanting to avoid the subject.  "However, you must've called us here for some unknown reason."

"Oh, yes," Diavolo said with a grin.  "I'm pleased to commend Jackie, Solomon, and our angel friends, on surviving fifty-five days in the Devildom.  As a gift to our exchange student with the highest grades," Diavolo looked at Jackie.  "We've invited a family member to visit for a week."

"Oh, Lord Diavolo, you didn't have to," Jackie said, hoping he was joking.  "You seriously didn't have to and I'm hoping you didn't."

"I invited your twin sister, Jillian, to stay with you at the House of Lamentation for one week!"

"Oh, fuck me," Jackie muttered.  Lucifer looked over at them, sniffing in amusement.  He was actually enjoying this.

"Oooh!  Jackie, are they as cute as you?!"  Asmodeus said, now overly excited.

"They're only staying for a week," Jackie said, trying to make it obvious that this was a bad idea.  There was a heavy feeling in their stomach, telling them this wasn't going to end well.  "Lord Diavolo, please, don't invite Jillian.  It's not a good idea."

"Oh?"  Diavolo said, tilting his head.  "Is there a particular reason or just this feeling you have?"

"Jillian shouldn't have to deal with these idiots," Jackie said, not caring if the brothers were offended.  "Besides, Lucifer's too authoritative.  Jillian goes out of her way to break the rules and is gonna get killed."

"So it's your instinct as an older sibling to protect her?"  Diavolo asked, Lucifer sighing.

"You're going awful far to deter Lord Diavolo from his plans," Lucifer said, rightfully suspicious.  "Is your protectiveness the only reason?"

"Lucifer, I'm not fucking stupid," Jackie snapped, forgetting Diavolo was in the room.  "The second Jillian pisses you off, you're going to go on a rampage and kill her and potentially me.  This is partly to protect Lord Diavolo's reputation, as well."

Diavolo cleared his throat, Jackie jumping.

"Sorry, Lord Diavolo, someone's extra headstrong today," Jackie said, glaring at Lucifer.

"I thank you for caring about my reputation," Diavolo said, the bright smile no longer on his face.  "However, I believe this is a step in the right direction.  That being said, I have invited Jillian to visit."

Jackie sighed in defeat, Diavolo calmly continuing.

"However, if anything happens, say Jillian does make Lucifer angry, I will do whatever is within my power to protect both you and your sister."

"I appreciate that, sir," Jackie said, Lucifer narrowing his eyes.

"You both have that little faith in my self control?"

"I'm not sure sometimes, Lucifer," Diavolo said, holding up his hand.  "Now, Jillian is already here, so I'll kindly ask Barbatos to escort her in."

Barbatos obeyed without question, Jackie feeling light-headed.  Lucifer squeezed their hand, whispering something about how they were locking their knees again.  He stepped away when Barbatos entered again, Jillian standing behind him.

"Jack!"  She chimed, rushing over to them.  "You look great!  Have you lost weight?"

If anything, Jackie had gained weight.  Lucifer looked utterly confused. 
Jillian was a skinnier Jackie.  She also had prominent breasts and shorter hair.  Her hair was tied in a bun and was newly dyed purple.

"Nevermind me, Jill," Jackie said, trying to stay calm.  Their ears were ringing.  "How have you been?  You look amazing."

"Oh, you're such a charmer!"

Jillian hugged Jackie, their heart racing.  Jackie hadn't noticed until now, but their younger sister was slightly taller than them.  Upon second glance, she was wearing heels.

"I got a new job and that's about it," Jillian said, before looking Jackie up and down.  "I'm guessing everything, but the hair, is same old same old?"

Was Jackie really that bland and easy to read?

"Yeah, aside from I'm not engaged anymore."

"You were engaged?"  Lucifer repeated, curious and mildly annoyed.

"I'll tell you later," Jackie said, hoping he could read the look in their eyes.  "Let's not argue, please."

Lucifer smiled at Jackie, his posture relaxing in his shoulders.  So he did understand.

"And who's this hunk?"  Jillian asked, gesturing towards Lucifer.  "Black hair, dark eyes, tall, and mysterious aura screams that you're dating him or trying to."

"It's Lucifer," Jackie said, mildly uncomfortable.  They hugged themselves, Lucifer moving closer to them.  "And yeah, he's my boyfriend."

"And they are..?"

Jillian was now gesturing to the brothers, Mammon's nose scrunching.  It did that when he didn't like something that was happening.  Good to know he didn't like Jillian.

"The one is white hair is Mammon, blue hair is Levi, blonde hair is Satan, strawberry blonde is Asmo, and the ginger is Beel."

"That was quick," Asmo said, before pointing at Mammon.  "If you see someone else with white hair and light skin, it's Solomon, and he's another human."

Jackie didn't say anything, Mammon's face remaining unchanging.  Another bad sign was that he wasn't saying anything.  Mammon was never quiet and now shouldn't have changed that.

"Shall we return to the House of Lamentation?"  Lucifer asked after Jackie exchanged a nervous glance with him.

"Sounds like a fun place to be," Jillian said sarcastically, of course.

"Most definitely," Jackie said, before glancing at Diavolo.  They didn't want to see a look of worry on his face.