Prologue

"I Conner Davis reject you, whoever you are, as my mate."
The girl hanging off his arm laughs shrilly enjoying his attempt at my humiliation.  I ignore her, not feeling humiliated.  I step into him and stare him in the eye.  I'm tall, almost 6 feet.  I decide not to give him my name.
"I accept your rejection.  You'll never be as happy with anyone else as you could have been with me...and the sex will never be as good.  Enjoy your subpar life." And then I walk away before he has a chance to react. What I told him was the truth. Unfortunately, it's also true for me.
I'm in a bit of shock.  My general reaction to things is to think and do before I my emotions react.  Deep down I'm hurt, but I don't let myself feel it yet.  I focus on getting to class.  It's across campus.  Today is the first day in my final year at the Wereanimal UniversityI crossed paths with many strange weres that day, one of them being my recently rejecting mate.   
I'm in a bit of hurry to get to class.  Wereanimal University isn't like a normal college.  You're expected to follow your life path.  Leadership, politics, history, economics, and finance are taught to dominants.  Everyone else picks from job skills, like business management, auto repair, and childhood development.  I've picked botany and business management as I plan on working in my parents flower shop.
My hands start to shake as I enter the greenhouse, the truth of what happened is sinking in.  My breathing goes erratic for a minute.  I pause my steps, close my eyes, and concentrate on the soothing warmth and herbal smell of the house.

Author's note> This book is being rewritten to show more detail, better descriptions, and more points of view.  Originally the chapter numbers in the heading were written out.  The chapters that were rewritten will have those numbers as digits.