Chapter Seven

Disclaimer: None of this mine, nor do I claim to be Stephenie Meyer. I just like to dabble in the playground that she created with Bella, Edward and her Twilight characters. No copyright infringement is intended.

We're going to continue the Halloween Extravaganza in Bella's POV. We're also going to hear why Edward was so cold in this chapter. However, he's got it bad. He's also a bit socially stunted. You'll find out why in this chapter.

Chapter Seven

Bella

"Bella!" Alice called.

"Excuse me," I said, reaching down to squeeze his hand. Edward's hand was so big, slightly calloused and it completely enveloped mine. I wanted to feel his touch before I went to see my friends. I tightened my fingers around his. "Thank you for the ride. Katie and I appreciate it."

I turned, leaving him near the entrance. Alice, who was dressed up as a saloon girl, hugged me. "Edward is staring at you," she whispered. "Did you blow him in the car?"

"Alice!" I gasped. "One, he's my boss. Two, Katie was with us. Three, he's my boss!"

"Technically, I'm Jasper's boss and I blew him in the bathroom," Alice said. "And the car, office, conference room ... Edward is definitely checking you out."

"Too much information, Alice," I grumbled. Plus, it was also a reminder that I hadn't had sex in well over two years since I'd broken up with last boyfriend. It wasn't great sex, but it was better than nothing. I also felt weird using a vibrator with my sister down the hall. Would she hear the buzzing?

Suffice it to say, I'm in the middle of the mother of all dry spells.

"My apologies," Alice snickered. "Halloween is my favorite holiday. Dressing up as something, or someone completely different is very hot." She smiled at me. "I like the costume. How's the wig?"

"Hot," I replied. "And trying to fit all of my hair underneath this thing was really hard."

"Well, you look amazing. You should try going blonde," Alice suggested. "You came in with Edward. Is there something going on?"

"I tried calling you, but you didn't pick up," I said. "My car battery died. I don't like taking cabs and Uber is ... I don't trust it. So, I called you and Rosalie. I also texted Emmett and Jasper, no one replied. Edward picked up. Plus, he lives really close to me."

Alice took out her cell phone from a satchel around her waist. "Shit, I'm sorry, Bella," she said, looking at her missed calls. "I was ... indisposed."

"Blowing Jasper?" I deadpanned. Alice's cheeks reddened as she grinned widely. I snorted, rolling my eyes. "It's okay. I got here."

"I'm still so sorry," Alice breathed, her smile falling. "Rose didn't pick up either?"

"No. Maybe, she was doing something with Emmett. Is she here, yet?"

"I haven't seen her," Alice said. "Come on! I want to introduce you to some other junior executives. They're not as awesome as you, but this is the whole point of this event." She looped her arm through mine, walking me to a cluster of people. They were all dressed up like characters from Stranger Things. "Hey, everyone. This is Bella. She's working on my team and has been with us since August. Bella, this is Jared, Maggie, Embry and Sarah."

"Nice to meet you all," I smiled, shaking their hands. "What teams are you on?"

"I'm working with Charlotte on the hospitality team," Maggie answered. "Embry is also works with us, too."