• Getaway •

It was March Break, that means school was out for a whole week. Even though Kenickie told Mickey-Mae what happened and kissed her, he was still with Rizzo. It hurt Mickey-Mae greatly, but she knew he was lost, she was going to let him figure it out but if needed to, she would step in. She was happy they were okay again though. But that kiss...it was electric. It was the first night of March Break, Mickey-Mae was sitting in her room cleaning up a bit and sipped some of her tea as she was picking out a book to read in bed. She heard what sounded like a tap on her window which she thought was odd since she was on the upper level. A second tap was heard and she walked to her window and looked out to see Kenickie below. She opened it and that's when Kenickie climbed up part of the drain pipe and then lattice up to her room, Mickey-Mae helped him climb through the window and she quietly closed it behind him. "Kenickie what brings you here so late?" She asked looking at him. "R-Rizzo...Mickey I just, I just gotta get out of this place...even if it's for a little while." He looked at her, hoping she'd agree to go. "W-Where?" Mickey-Mae asked. "Anywhere. Anywhere but here." He said, about to break. "Okay. I know a place..." she said reassuring him and she grabbed her Cadillac keys from her drawer. They both carefully snuck down. Once they were by Mickey-Mae's turquoise Cadillac, Kenickie gave her a tight bear hug. Mickey-Mae started up her car and Kenickie hopped in the passenger seat. She drove off to a place she got to know quite well. It was an empty horse barn, isolated on a hill. She pulled into the driveway and her headlights revealed the house a few feet away that's completely fallen apart but the barn was still standing strong. Kenickie looked around and Mickey walked to the side of the barn where there was a ladder. She and Kenickie climbed to the lookout window on the second level with their feet hanging down sitting next to each other on the edge, looking at the moon and stars in silence for a moment. "I-I'm glad you finally came to me..." Mickey-Mae said softly. Kenickie sighed for a moment and he lit a cigarette. Mickey-Mae looked over at Kenickie and she rested her head on his arm. Kenickie relaxed and let it happen. "What made you do so?" She asked. Kenickie exhaled a cloud of smoke and flicked the cigarette away. "Because...I was wrong to get angry at you. My mother taught me different." He said. "You were right to worry." Mickey-Mae sighed softly as she felt Kenickie's arm wrap around her, pulling her in closer against him. They both watched the moon and stars in silence. They ended up staying in the barn on hay and old horse blankets  that night.