• Rydell High •

The year was 1954 on a crisp September day. It was the first day back to school now that summer vacation has ended, but it was Mickey-Mae's very first day at Rydell High since her father got a job in California. Her family moved all the way from Canada so of course, Mickey-Mae was under a lot of pressure. Not only did she have to start at a new school, but in a whole different country as well. It was almost time for school to begin so Mickey-Mae left in her blue 1949 Cadillac DeVille she got from her father on her 16th birthday. She pulled into the parking lot next to a 1948 pink Studebaker Commander Regal. As Mickey-Mae was getting out of her car, a very junky looking white 1948 Ford DeLuxe pulled into the other spot next to her. It was a very run down rusted thing...but the driver was certainly something else. He was a tall, handsome, boy with greased back dark hair wearing jeans, a baby blue shirt, black boots topped all off with a black leather jacket with "T-Birds" in white printed on the back. He removed the sunglasses from his face and glanced in her direction with a grin then he strolled off. "Wow." Mickey-Mae thought. She walked in the same direction and into the large, crowded and noisy school. As the day went on and the classes seemed to drag on, all Mickey-Mae could think about was that mystery boy. She figured since he was parked beside her, she could of course see him again. Her fantasies came to an end once she walked to her car to grab her change purse for lunch just to see him making out with a shorter girl with a black perm and a pink silky jacket draped on her shoulders in front of the pink car. Mickey-Mae sighed silently as she looked away and continued walking to her car and grabbed the purse.

"Of course he has a girl, how could a guy like him not? And how could you ever think someone like you could ever have a chance!"

She thought harshly to herself. Although Mickey-Mae was a smart and beautiful girl who had her wits about her...she was also very hard on herself and never realized who she actually was. She got her tray of lunch and walked to find a spot on the bleachers where she saw him again, without the girl, but with four other boys with the same T-Birds jacket all sitting together. He sat next to a boy about as tall as him with black greased hair and a white shirt wearing the jacket proudly. While the three others were a bit shorter in height and didn't look as, well, greaser-ish.  Mickey-Mae must have made it obvious she was looking because they called her over. She froze and hesitated for a moment, but she obliged and walked over. "H-Hello, I'm Mickey-Mae" she introduced herself. "You new? Never seen you around here before." The mystery boy who pulled her heart strings asked. "Yes, I am." She replied. "Well, I'm Sonny." One interrupted. "Then that's Doodie and Putzie." She looked over and nodded politely as they waved. "I'm Danny." The one with the black hair introduces. "Kenickie." The mystery boy said lighting is cigarette. "Are you going to the pep rally" Sonny asked. "Pep Rally?" Mickey-Mae questioned. Danny invited her to go with them, she happily accepted. They knew there was something different about her aside from other girls there.