9 - Mixed Emotions

Chapter 9

It was monday morning and I was up early for once. I actually didn't feel tired which was quite a shock. I sat at my kitchen table munching on my toast and pinging. I told Darnell that i'd be at his house in 5 minutes. I packed my bag and put all my coursework and anything else in there. I left the house crossing the road and making my way to his house.

*

I sat on his bed as he played on his playstation and spoke on the phone at the same time. We still had some time so i didn't really mind. I watched as he spoke on the phone and shouted at the game at the same time. This made me laugh. Eventually he turned off his device and looked at me.

"Lool why you laughing?"

"You're just a funny guy dee" I said

He kissed my cheek and winked before heading out of the room. I put my coat and scarf on and tied my vans. I stood up and fixed my skirt.

"You ready yeah?" He asked

"Yeaah, lets go"

I picked up my bag as he put his air forces on. We left the house and headed for the busstop.

"We're meeting Cashel and a few other man first yeah?" He said

"What? Where?" I asked

"One yute's house"

I nodded and plugged my headphones in ..Cashel. It would be soo awkward when i see him. I don't know why but i just had a feeling it would be. Ever since he had sex with the girl in the park i haven't been able to look at him. It just feels so weird. I wouldn't say i was jealous ...because im not..but- nevermind. We continued to walk until we reached our destination, we were quite early for school anyways, so i didn't mind. He knocked and we waited until someone opened the door.

"Chris, what's good bruddah?" They greeted each other whilst i stood there awkwardly

"Ayooo, wagwarn Smirkz" The guy who i assumed his name was 'Chris' looked at me and smiled

"Dis your ting yeah?"

"Naah man, this is my ride or die" He answered

We walked inside the house ..it was alright i guess..We walked into the living room and there were about 7 guys in there including Cashel. There was about 3 girls in the room all over the guys. Cashel looked up at me ..he smiled and i bit my lip causing me to not smile back. There was some sort of look on his face ..but i looked away before anything else happened. How awkward....