12 - It's Over

Chapter 12

1 Week Later

I closed the door behind me and began to walk down the main road towards the busstop. Walking past Darnell's house, I wondered if i should stop by or not ..I hadn't really spoken to him since the other day. Apart from in school obviously but still we never really had a proper conversation. Me and damien have been speaking a lot more and so have me and cashel. I got to the busstop and waited no longer than 2 minutes for my bus...

I got to school and met Lizzie at the gates. We walked in and went straight into our form rooms.

"So, when was the last time you actually spoke to darnell ?" She asked me after i explained what had happened the other day. I shrugged eating my crisps.

"I actually don't remember. Probably 2 days ago in the canteen.."

"Ahhh, you lot will make up soon!" She said

Well i hope so. After about 10 minutes the bell went for our first lesson. Me and Lizzie both had english. We walked down the very busy corridor and up to english. I caught a glimpse of darnell with a girl, cashel and a few other guys. He looked me in the eyes but i quickly turned away and continued to walk. We got into the classroom and sat down.

"What was that about?" She asked me

"Liz, I honestly don't know"

I opened my books and took out my pen listening to the teacher chat away. For the first time in ages i actually zoned out and was just daydreaming for the whole lesson. I began to think ..about Darnell mostly..and about cashel and damien ..why they were attracted to me all of a sudden. I began to think about my mum ..the GOOD times we had ...before kev obviously. When her and my real dad were together before he died. My mum and dad were bestfriends at first, they'd known each other from birth. Then they developed feelings for each other. Of course over the years they had had their ups and downs but every couple does ..And then my mind switched to the bad times- When my dad died ..and when my mum turned to alcohol and drugs. She would come home at the most randomest times often drunk. She'd bring strangers into the house, she turned to prostitution ..Then she met KEV. The monster. He said he was attracted to me from the minute he saw me. That i was better looking than my mother ..that i had curves in the right places and i was better than her. I knew she knew what he did to me. But she said 'She was afraid to lose him' ..Total BS.

Back then all i had was darnell. Him and his mum were always there for me. This was all before his mum turned to prostitution. As soon as his dad left, his mum lost her mind basically.

My thoughts were interupted by the sound of the bell. Naah first lesson cant be over already?

"Is first lesson over?" I asked Liz

"Of course lool ...you were gooone!"

I packed my things and grabbed my stuff. I had sociology next. I began to walk along the corridor when i heard Cashel calling my name

"Cassie!"

"Wassup?" I asked him

"What's our next lesson?"

"Sociology, you should know this" I said laughing

We walked all the way to sociology having a normal conversation. We walked towards the classroom..but noone was in there ..The note on the door said:

Dear Year 11's

Im away on a course meaning

you guys have a free lesson,