27 - No longer my Best Friend..

Chapter 27

It was about 2 in the morning and they still weren't back ..they had been out for about 3 hours now. I wasn't even bothered anymore. I knew they were fine. A little bit of me was a little scared but ..I tried to warn him. Liz had dozed off about 20 minutes ago. We kept on checking our phones for any calls or messages but ..nothing. She had called Michael God knows how many times. I tried Cashel a couple of times but it just rang ..and Darnell? Well..his just kept going to voicemail. I got up from the sofa and went to put my cup in the sink..I went into the cupboard in the corridor and brought out Pillows and duvets. I knew that all three of them were gonna sleepover. I heard the door bang 3 times. Liz jumped up and I went to the door. I opened the door and all 3 of them walked in. I could tell that Darnell had been smoking weed. I rolled my eyes and shut the door.

"Michael! Why didn't you call me?" Liz said

"I'm sorry babes"

I followed them into the living room. "I am knackered" Cashel said laying in the sofa. I threw him a pillow and a duvet. I threw a pillow at Darnell and then the duvet. He looked at me and I rolled my eyes and walked out. I went into the kitchen and washed all the dishes. Darnell walked in and leaned on the wall watching me. I dried my hands and cleared up the kitchen a little bit. I tried to walk out of the kitchen but Darnell grabbed me back.

"Why you moving like that?" He said

I ignored him and tried to walk out again...But he grabbed me back and held onto my arm..

"Don't Ignore me" He said

"WHY do you think?" I said

"I don't understand where all this confidence is coming from Cassie" He said laughing

"Just leave me alone darnell"

I couldn't move because he had a tight grip around my arm

"Just talk to me and stop moving like a neek" He said

"DARNELL YOU HAD ME WORRIED SICK!" I shouted

"Oooh so now you wanna shout yeah?" He said

"OH MY DAYS!"

"Did I not tell you I was coming back? Why you crying for?" He said

"Darnell YOU COULD HAVE BEEN HURT! I thought you stopped all of this!"

"WELL I'M NOT HURT AM I? And I never stopped anything."

"You know what darnell ..do what you want. I can't be bothered to argue with you right now!"

He was still holding onto me..

"Let..Me..Go" I said calmly

He let go and I walked off upstairs. I really hope he knows he ain't sleeping in my room...

*

I woke up in the morning still annoyed. I couldn't even sleep properly to be honest. I got up and done my usual morning business before going downstairs. Liz was in the kitchen making breakfast

"Hey liz"

"Cassie..You alright?"

"Yeah you?"

"I'm good. Did you sleep well?" She asked

"Ehhh"

She chuckled and I sat down at the table. I flicked through the local newspapers. Same old stories about young teenagers getting stabbed or shot or arrested. I sighed and put the newspaper down. Cashel walked into the kitchen smiling. I frowned at him and he stopped smiling..